Transmitter for quad.

FDS

Elite member
Neither, get a Jumper T12 if you want under $100 or a QX7 in mid price or Taranis 9XD for top end.
Spektrum is OK but there’s more quad receivers for FRsky. The Jumper will do any protocol out the box, it comes with a multi protocol module and FRsky plus it runs OpenTX. The other two can run modules if you want to fly BNF stuff with them.
All three of those will do up to 16+ channels as well.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Neither, get a Jumper T12 if you want under $100 or a QX7 or Taranis 9XD for top end.
Spektrum is OK but there’s more quad receivers for FRsky. The Jumper will do any protocol out the box, it comes with a multi protocol module and FRsky plus it runs OpenTX. The other two can run modules if you want to fly BNF stuff with them.
Or the new Jumper T16....that new transmitter is sweet!!!

FDS

Elite member
Wow, that is really nice for the price. Is it bigger than the T12? I have big hands and the 12 is too small. Not sure about the menu wheel either, I tend to miss with those.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Looks like the makers of the jumper series has stepped up their game.

When they first came out they seemed like a nice novalty for flying all the various toy grade quads.

Reviews came out said it felt flimsy like toy grade gear with a 4 in one module stuffed in it.

Better gfx screen, hall effect gimballs make me think they got serious. Be interesting to see the internals of the new one to see if quality manufacturing comes with it or standard banggood level slap crap together fast as you can.

That will tell if they are now a serious player.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Looks like the makers of the jumper series has stepped up their game.

When they first came out they seemed like a nice novalty for flying all the various toy grade quads.

Reviews came out said it felt flimsy like toy grade gear with a 4 in one module stuffed in it.

Better gfx screen, hall effect gimballs make me think they got serious. Be interesting to see the internals of the new one to see if quality manufacturing comes with it or standard banggood level slap crap together fast as you can.

That will tell if they are now a serious player.
My T8SG V2 is very well built, has hall effect gimbals and is super multi protocol compatible. However I'm blown away by this T16.... Shame they seem to be dropping Do as I find it works in a way I really I understand.
I guess I will have to embrace OpenTX ;)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Opentx is a breeze. A little reading, a little fiddling and you'll be teachin us.

The key is first dont get overwhelmed and panic. The basic radio set up is the same as any other radio ever made.

The complicated parts come when doing things like mixing and servo timings.

You can do the exact same thing in several ways in several places. Its just a matter if learning how to "stack" these features in a manor that optimizes and prioritizes them to suit your needs.

Simple to ease into all that. A great way to see what can be done is pop over to Rockyboys thread on opentx and look at his various setups to see how it alk works for various situations.