Traveling in the USA with mini quads

jipp

you will have fun.. regardless of all the negative crap you hear in the media everyday about us.. we are really not much different than your country. other than we do not bbq shrimp.. to small :p prons!!! large ones! heh.
when NASA Is on board.. you know its legit. hah.. well now NASA is known as a spy, maybe not. hah. just kidding good luck on winning 25k.. that be a lot of quad parts.

rock on.
chris.

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
With a $10,000 grand prize and only a few moderate restrictions, it will be interesting to see what kind of builds and talent we'd see. I would not be at all surprised if some engineering and university labs show up.

jipp

oh, i did not read the details.. still 10K is a lot of cash for a mini quad race. good luck mate. hope you win.

chris.

zenguerilla

If engineering and university labs show up they will probably have a lot they can pick up from the people with PID grease and prop dust under their finger nails... not to be one sided though, as technical engineering and backyard/shadetree necessity and ingenuity would seem to be more synergistic in combination than just one or the other, which reminds me that if everyone can be allowed to sustainably contribute what they are able to, then everyone can or will benefit, but if they can't, then we won't... "or something... uhhh... huh huh... yeah... uhh... huh huh... yeah..."

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
You're not being fair...
Once I had traveled across the country and was returning from Ontario California.
This airport was so diligent that they took the "knife" out of my Swiss Army card that I had in my wallet.
Three or four airports had already slipped up and let me carry the blade on the airplane.
It's almost 1" long and is most suited to cleaning fingernails or maybe opening letters.
I was allowed to keep the tiny scissors and pin, but not that scary blade.

71V-KfdbFuL._SL1500_.jpg

Best regards,
PCH

Last edited:

FinalGlideAus

terrorizing squirrels
I'm still here guys, just not much time to spend on forums right now. It's all still up in the air right now but things are going along smoothly so fingers crossed. I must admit I'm not too fussed about the actual racing. I'm more keen to meet all those who I consider friends but never actually met. I'm hoping Chrapu and and Ummagawd will be there. They are trying to make it. The money is nice but meh, it's all about the fun for me so I'm not focussing on that. I don't even really know the race format they are using so what I bring may not even be competitive. Plus there are probably plenty of guys well practiced so I consider myself an underdog really.

I plan to bring a Blackout or two and some Vortex's in various forms. I also may even have another frame that is being hurried through final design phases right now. Let's just put it this way, I'm not really prepared for it :)

jipp

thats the only way to go into this.. all about the experience, fun, and friends.

ohhh new design being pushed in.. as far as i know this is the first race of its kind? on this level? so i can only assume no one really knows what to expect.

but im sure no matter what you will have a great vacation.
chris.

SHIFFTY

man i super wish i could make this!!! i live in Oregon which is about 6-8 hours away so not far but i can't get the time off work :(
I couldn't keep up with any of them in my current skill level but it would still be a blast just to try and get to meet FGA and all the rest

FinalGlideAus

terrorizing squirrels
Well I suppose a quick update is in order before I finally pass out. Mark and I are settled in at our hotel room in Sacramento today. The total time for the trip was 25 hours and we're now up to around 32 hours without sleep. I was greeted into the country by getting a full pat down by a large black man which is one more thing I can tick off my life experience list.

We're finally ready for bed after ordering a size pizza we thought would be appropriate. I think we under estimated and now can't get up off the floor from pizza overdose. Our lunches for the next week are sorted if we can only work out how to fit the box in the fridge. Mark is attacking it with a knife as I type.

Bed time now now after I wash it all down with some Pepsi (when in Rome) and I'll be awake in 14 or so hours. Might even go for a fly... :)

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
Well I suppose a quick update is in order before I finally pass out. Mark and I are settled in at our hotel room in Sacramento today. The total time for the trip was 25 hours and we're now up to around 32 hours without sleep. I was greeted into the country by getting a full pat down by a large black man which is one more thing I can tick off my life experience list.

I can only assume you guys were each issued one of these to wear for your entire stay.

Joking aside, I hope you guys enjoy your trip and get some good flying in. I wish I could have made it out to California for the event.

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
I can only assume you guys were each issued one of these to wear for your entire stay.

Joking aside, I hope you guys enjoy your trip and get some good flying in. I wish I could have made it out to California for the event.

Heh, now if we could get you in this with the T, you'd be all set. :eek:

Good luck!