Trex 450 SEV2

water1js

I know it’s not a big deal but im pretty pumped about it. Just finished getting my SEV2 converted from fly-bared to FBL. Took it out for the maiden flight and it flies so much better. No more tail blow out and no more ridiculous cyclic drift. Anyways if anyone is thinking about converting a fly bared heli to fbl I would completely recommend it.

RaceDOHC

I have a trex450 with fly bar, did you use a complete kit for the conversion or did you buy piecemeal?

water1js

I have the SEV2 so for me I just bought the DFC head and some thrust bearings and I needed a new main shaft bearing as well, 5x11x4 as opposed to the stock 5x11x5. Then of course I also needed a FBL controller. What model do you have?

I will be doing this soon With my trex 450 and blade 450 3d. Its usually pretty windy here and flybar-ed helis dont really like the wind. To boot I probably set something up wrong because I am terrible at flying them but I can fly my v450D03 quite easily. I purchased a conversion head off ebay for the TREX and a Tarot head for the blade so i don't have to grind the main shaft. Both are getting KBAR minis. I crashed every time with the blade, never flew the trex after crashing so many times and local parts are not available for the Align. 2 main shafts, flybar, 3 feathering shafts, 2 sets of blades and a set of grips was enough for me to want to swap. My walkera flies beautifully, wind or not. Hoping the other 2 will follow suit lol.