Tricopter and HK KK2.0 board - Tail servo jitter

rcbif

Recently got the new board and have been working with it on my tricopter.

After much tinkering with the p and i gains, and talking to a few other tricopter pilots with the 2.0 board, it seems that no matter what you do, the tail servo on a tricopter has a bad jitter with this board. The motor rapidly moves back and forth.
If you take the p gain up, there are massive jitters.
If you take p gain down, and take i gain up to compensate, there is a very obnoxious heading hold where the nose always trys to return straight after yaw input.

It is flyable, but it adds some bad vibrations to the frame, and it dosent look healthy for the tail servo at all.

Right now, it's basically useless to me. My FPV flight was full of vibrations.

Anyone else have this board on their tricopter yet?

It appears at this point a firmware update from KK himself may be the only fix.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Is your tail servo analog or digital and is your board set appropriately for servo type? Mine is in the mail but I remember seeing someone comment on servo type settings.

Thurmond

rcbif

Is your tail servo analog or digital and is your board set appropriately for servo type? Mine is in the mail but I remember seeing someone comment on servo type settings.

Thurmond

My servo is analog. The only "servo settings" in the mixer editor are low and high speed. I am set at low, and high speed does not work.

I guess I would have to buy a pricier digital servo to test that out.........

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
According to what I have seen so far Low speed is analog, High speed is digital if I remember correctly. High speed will damage an analog servo they say.
I have a digital servo recommended by RCExplorer so when my board comes in (soon I hope as customs has had it for the traditional 5 days already) I will test it for jitter.

Thurmond

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Have you tested your servo directly on the Rx? I have a TGY 9e servo that wiggles by itself in the center position. When I used the BMS MG servo (RCExplorer recommended) it would make noise all the time - as it was a digital servo.

Bjarkix2

My servo is analog. The only "servo settings" in the mixer editor are low and high speed. I am set at low, and high speed does not work.

I guess I would have to buy a pricier digital servo to test that out.........

Hey, can you tell me how you changed the servo setting from high to low, my servo jitters, (kkboard and recommended digital servo from RCexplorer) I think this might be the the reason to it :)

PS I do not know what the mixer editor is :p