tricopter batbone help

savage

I have recently purchased the batbone, love it by the way. it took me awhile but I got it to hover inside and outside.here's the thing that I try to get if it tried to give it throttle and it wants to do a backflip It Tries to Inverter itself I have the self level on. I mean it hovered in my kitchen and outside. I walked with it for a whole battery but as soon as I give it throttle it backflips need help

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
People might be able to help more if you detailed the equipment you have -- the flight controller, for one, and if you can, even provide a photograph of your setup... or even better, a video. If not... just a description of the equipment you have is important.

savage

Kk2.15 multi rotor border, 20 amp afro esc's, turnigy park 300 brushless motors, tactic ttx600 radio.if I could figure out how 2 send picture I will

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I haven't any experience with the KK board, but maybe some of the other experts here do. I'm also new and just built an electrohub tricopter using the flip1.5/multiwii controller. That said, everyone recommended I fly in the acro mode (no self level) to begin with. I found when I switched to the level mode, because I didn't have the accelerometers calibrated, it drifted off to the right.

When you were hovering, were you in the KK equivalent of acro mode?

savage

I'm pretty sure it is in the board. I have been utubing videos trying to figure it out and I'm stuck

Last edited:
I've got almost the same setup with the exception of the motors. Did you calibrate the ESC's as that sounds like your issue.

Sounds like your ESC's arent calibrated.(even if you did I would do them over again) There is only 2 flight modes on a KK2. and that is self level off or on(essentially rate mode)

savage

I walked with it outside a whole battery from one side of my yard to the other which is pretty big then I put in 2nd battery started of hovering got a little higher and then gave it some more throttle and it tried to do back flip tried to correct it and crashed broke stuff. Broke arms and rear tilt.... fixed that the next week and pretty much the same thing happened

savage

I walked with it outside a whole battery from one side of my yard to the other which is pretty big then I put in 2nd battery started of hovering got a little higher and then gave it some more throttle and it tried to do back flip tried to correct it and crashed broke stuff. Broke arms and rear tilt.... fixed that the next week and pretty much the same thing happened

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I have not flashed them or the board. Does that matter

I don't know if this is the answer to your problems, since I don't own a KK board, but I have seen people make recommendations that the first thing you should do is update the software on the KK board to the latest because the default version is not very good...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=56269

HobbyKing even says at the bottom of the product page:

** Note: It is all ways recommended to update to the latest software version as part of your initial setup.(this is different than v1.6 for 2.0)

Here's a lot of information on it:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2061620

Last edited:

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
My guess is that the KK is more important to flash, but if you can flash the ESC's you'll get better performance from what I understand.