Tricopter help!!

LacrosseFever18

Hi, I`m new to r/c and I want to build a tricopter, but I don't know what components work with each other.
If anyone can look over these parts and tell me if they will work that would be awesome!:confused:

Hobbyking KK2.0 Multi-rotor LCD Flight Control Board

Turnigy Park300 Brushless Outrunner 1380kv

8045 SF Props 2pc Standard Rotation/2 pc RH Rotation

TURNIGY Plush 18amp Speed Controller

TGY-211DMH Metal gear Coreless Digital Servo w/ Heat Sink 2.3kg / .10sec / 16g

Turnigy nano-tech 2200mah 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack

Bat Bone Tri 370 Kit

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
The battery you chose will source 55A continuously. Your 3 esc's at full draw are only 1A less than the battery can source. That leaves very little "wiggle" room at full throttle. Personally, although they cost more, I would not run less than a 40C discharge rate battery on a multicopter.

Thurmond

Lubis

I disagree with Tritium. Sorry bro =)
Max current on your motors is 7A giving you a total max current of 7Ax3 = 21A

I'd say a 2200mah 25~50C nano-tech is sufficient.

However I would probably go for a servo with some more torque, although an 8 inch prop is kind of small, the servo still has to move quite a big "plate" of spinning prop. Also, a bigger servo is more crash-resistant. =)

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Tritium's advice is valid, but unless you plan on slamming the thing 100% frequently, all that will be ok.

The KK2's throttle stick scaling with v1.2 (purchased) and v1.6 (you updating) defaults at 90% I believe. Leave it there and maybe drop your transmitter's throttle stick scaling to 90-95% as well, and you'll be fine.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I think Tritium was looking at it from the ESC side instead of motor draw. There is more than enough wiggle here...

Tritium

Yea I did not look at motor data at all. At 7A max draw the ESC's are overkill. I would go with 10 to 12A ESC's rather than the heavier 18's

Thurmond

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
No worries Thurmond. I usually end up sizing my batt to carry full esc draw even though I usually size the ESC to 1.5 to 2 times what the motor will draw...overkill, I know. I blame my job for that kind of thinking!
But my power systems stay cool and last a long time, so do the ESC's.

Tritium

No worries Thurmond. I usually end up sizing my batt to carry full esc draw even though I usually size the ESC to 1.5 to 2 times what the motor will draw...overkill, I know. I blame my job for that kind of thinking!
But my power systems stay cool and last a long time, so do the ESC's.

+1 ;) Also you never know when you might go with bigger motors. You don't have to buy "all" new components if they are already oversized.

Thurmond

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
I have been more than happy with the HK 20amp UBECs. Easy as pie to flash with the simonK hex, dirt cheap, and never had one fail yet out of 12 or so.

LacrosseFever18

Hey thanks for the advice, sorry I didn't get any notifications. I went with bigger ESC`s because I might get bigger motors and battery's later, if you want to see how the build is going and if you have and tips, I have a build log on my profile