Tricopter Help!

sukhoi69

Hi, I would like to build a Tricopter or Quadcopter and would like some help. I would like to hear from those that have built these before. I want to buy parts from Hobby King very soon so I can build it over Xmas. I would like a parts list if possible and any ideas, things to watch out for etc. Or any other web sites that could set me on the right path. Any help would be great.
Thanks

PTRogers85

One 2 FLY
Hi, I would like to build a Tricopter or Quadcopter and would like some help. I would like to hear from those that have built these before. I want to buy parts from Hobby King very soon so I can build it over Xmas. I would like a parts list if possible and any ideas, things to watch out for etc. Or any other web sites that could set me on the right path. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Hey Sukhoi69 also their is a Tricopters Group page with some good info that might be able to help you out a little http://flitetest.com/forum/group.php?groupid=3

sukhoi69

Now I have all my parts except for the KK board that is on it's way I am going to start the build. A question for you guys, I am building David Windestål's V 2.5 Tricopter and have been looking over his build log. When soldering the ESC's I notice two smaller wires soldered to the battery connectors a positive and negative wire. What are they for? I cant see anywhere in the pictures where they go or what they are for no mention of them. Any help would be great.
Cheers

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Sukhoi69, you mean this photo ?

tricopter8.jpg

I think he uses this to power up the GoPro and FPV gear.
Could be wrong but I see no other use.

sukhoi69

Well finally after all this time I got around to putting my first tricopter together. And with doubts it flies. Now I am hooked and have started to put the parts together for the H Quad. Here is a clip of the second battery. Still a little fine tuning and some practice from me though.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
No rudder, you're just as good as I am right now. It's good to stay behind the tricopter till you get used to the controls.

sukhoi69

No rudder, you're just as good as I am right now. It's good to stay behind the tricopter till you get used to the controls.
Yeah about as good as my heli skills all tail in for now. I will put a canopy or something to help orientation before I try forward flight. Since this clip I have spun it around but yeah orientation is the problem at a distance.