Tricopter motor/esc/... problems

mars006

Hi,
After a recently small crash I ordered a new ESC cause i thaught it was broken because 1 motor (M2) was running rly slow and with short shocks. So i swapped motors then, and the other motor but same ESC had the same problem. Now with my new esc and motor to be sure, i still got the same issue...
I soldered everything and I updated my kk2.1 to V1.10S but still the same problem...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOGgvMaY3ks
the video show my problem (hope you can understand it)

Marcel

mars006

Calibrate the ESCs at the same time

what do you mean with calibrate the esc's at the same time?
Like when i switch the tricopter on and then push the 1 and 4 button and then with the throttle switch and stuff?

I did that already but maybe i did it wrong then :(

mars006

When i changed the position of the combo ESC&Motor from M2 to M1 the problems stays on the same ESC and motor so i think my esc wich i recently bought is broken also.
Now i wanna buy an ESC from a diffrent store but it's a diffrent brand and it's 40A, while the other ESC's are 30A...
Can this be a problem?

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Maybe. It depends on how well and how close it responds to the commands from the board and if it will match what you have in motor speed from the other ESC's. Of course it's better to have fully matched ESC's all the way around, but it seems tri's are a little more forgiving if they aren't. Put the mismatch on the tail if you go that way. You might want to pick up a few of the new ESC's just in case you need to match them if the new one won't play well with the others.
If it were me, I would try one I had on hand and see. If I have to order one to replace a bad one, I'm going to order 4 new ones so I have a matched set and a spare. But I do buy cheap parts so this might be a dealbreaker for someone buying higher quality parts...

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
"If it were me, I would try one I had on hand and see. If I have to order one to replace a bad one, I'm going to order 4 new ones so I have a matched set and a spare."

Definitely.