Tricopter Pics

DSC04618.jpg DSC04619.jpg Heres 2 pics of my tricopter as of now. im still working on minor things. i just got my kk board today so hopefully ill be flying soon :)
For people that care, heres some info on how my builds going. im new to rc planes, i went from a hobby zone champ to building a tricopter. Ive only been doing this for about 4 months, so all that to say im learning as i go here. i had
troubles programming my HK kk board and switched to the more costly flycam black board. i just got it today and im already having problems :/ im trying center the stick and im having trouble shooting (ill leave that for a separate post). i stayed pretty close to davids design with a few changes. My yaw being the most noticeable, i seen different videos about this form of Yaw mechanism breaking in crashes so i made guard hopefully this will prevent any damage to the yaw. well folks thats it for now. and if any body has any Q or advice i would love to hear from ya! :) God Bless :)

Last edited:

PTRogers85

One 2 FLY
Hey Toby, looks Great, I hope you can figure out your KK board problems so you can fly it. I hope we will be able to help you get it figured out soon. I noticed you don't have a Yaw servo, is it still on back order...I remember you posting about not getting your servo on a earlier post.

Thanks PTroger :) i hope i can get it flying soon. its so depressing to have things go wrong, im very greatfull for the help i get from poeple like you. ill work on it again after school today and i will post a thread and hopefully i can get soom help. i ordered the servo you sugested last weekend im just waitng for it to get here :) thanks for your help

Shadow74

Multi-rotor madman
View attachment 611 View attachment 612 Heres 2 pics of my tricopter as of now. im still working on minor things. i just got my kk board today so hopefully ill be flying soon :)
For people that care, heres some info on how my builds going. im new to rc planes, i went from a hobby zone champ to building a tricopter. Ive only been doing this for about 4 months, so all that to say im learning as i go here. i had
troubles programming my HK kk board and switched to the more costly flycam black board. i just got it today and im already having problems :/ im trying center the stick and im having trouble shooting (ill leave that for a separate post). i stayed pretty close to davids design with a few changes. My yaw being the most noticeable, i seen different videos about this form of Yaw mechanism breaking in crashes so i made guard hopefully this will prevent any damage to the yaw. well folks thats it for now. and if any body has any Q or advice i would love to hear from ya! :) God Bless :)

Sorry to hear that you are having problems.......what kinda troubles are you having exactly with your Flycam Blackboard? I have 2 of those, and a friend of mine has one....and we haven't had any trouble with them. What is it, or isn't it doing? Maybe I can help ya.

Eric

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Nice tricopter you built there! Hope everything goes goes right and you get your KK board fixed!
Keep the informations coming because I wanna build a tri soon as well so I wanted to know how they are behaving during flights :)

Eric, im so glad your willing to help! :) i have everything built on my tricopter and im just trying to set up the board. :mad: im trying to do stick centering and esc calibration but its not work.... (most likely my fault) ill post a video of me trying to stick center and maybe you can tell me what im doing wrong and right. thanks again eric:)
Sorry to hear that you are having problems.......what kinda troubles are you having exactly with your Flycam Blackboard? I have 2 of those, and a friend of mine has one....and we haven't had any trouble with them. What is it, or isn't it doing? Maybe I can help ya.

Eric