Tricopter Random ESC failing

jamiedco

Prop Killer
hello

i have a tri copter and i have noticed a intermittent problem. with the escs . occasional one of the motors cut out . it started with the front left motor at first so i rewired everything but now it seems to be a random ocurance on any of the motors . if i cut the power after the crash and restart the tricopter the problem subsides for a while . i dont know if the esc is seeing the pwm changes from the kk as a error or if its something else . but its not a consistent problem.

if any one has some advice it would be welcome

jamiedco

Prop Killer
ok i taught that might be the issue but the thing thats getting me is why i can fly for quite a while then all of a sudden it fails

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Are your props well balanced? Are any of the motors or ESC's getting hot? It would help to know what props and motors you are using as well.

Thurmond

jamiedco

Prop Killer
it works for a few min and then cuts out but once i unpulg and replugin it seems to be ok for a few more , im using 2212-13 motors off ebay with apc 10*3.8 props . nothing is getting hot when they cut thats what i cant understand

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Have you tried altering the timing on the esc programming to high to see if it makes a difference?

Thurmond

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Does the shutdown happen when you perform a quick stick movement? When you control quickly?

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Try removing your connectors and soldering directly. It sounds like you're having connection failures.

jamiedco

Prop Killer
i will resolder them as i dont plan on using ccw props again . i will let you know if that solvs the problem . i also checked the escs lastnight and they are not atmel so i cant reprogram them .

jamiedco

Prop Killer
flew this afternoon . and had no issues with the motors or esc's . thanks guys . does any one have a better plane then cable ties to mount the camera and battery board on a tricopter

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
flew this afternoon . and had no issues with the motors or esc's . thanks guys . does any one have a better plane then cable ties to mount the camera and battery board on a tricopter

Screws or bolts?

I have bigger plates out of 4mm plywood and use 4M x 40mm bolts.

IMG_2791.jpg