Tricopter rear servo partial unresponsive. KK2.1 board

Brendan

Hello everyone,
I am new to the RC hobby and decided to start with a tricopter.
So far I have run into 2 issues.

1. I bought a potentially over kill receiver (AR12020) , and the kk2.1 does not seem to be able to read anything outputs. The only thing I could think of was the it may have a too high refresh rate for the kk2 board. But the easy solution was just use a older receiver, the AR6200 works perfectly.

2. My current problem, Is when I attempt to move the rear servo, it will only move in one direction.
For example if I move the rudder to the right, the servo moves left as it should. But when I move the rudder to the left It does not move from the center point.

I have been looking for the last 4 hrs and have no found an answer or anyone else with a similar issue, If anyone has an idea that would be greatly appreciated.

If needed I can post a video of it on Youtube, Just will have to wait for my Australian internet and it horrible up and down speeds.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Hey Brendan,

Welcome to the Forum!

The first place to sort out "I'm not sure the board is understanding what I'm asking it" is the receiver test. pull open that screen in the menus and run your sticks, one axis at a time, to the limits. By the time you've done that, if they aren't right and subtrims and throws can't center it, there's something wrong between the kk2 and the TX. If that's OK, you're problem is somewhere in the board.

Also, dunno which TX you're using, but the higher end TX's will let you force the bind to a slower rate, but I would almost swear I'd tried mine at high rate and it didn't balk -- I could always be remembering wrong what I was doing. Either way, the signals should all be Pulse Width Modulation (the width of a pulse sets the position) so while high rate might overwhelm it, higher resolution will simply be ignored.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
It may be some mixing enabled on the radio. Check that you are using a new memory slot that has been reset to defaults.

FinalGlideAus

terrorizing squirrels
Yes I can only suggest the above. Check the receiver test for correct TX signals, make sure the model memory is a "clean memory" with no mixes and try flashing the KK board. Also, before you installed the servo did you center it buy connecting it directly to the receiver?

Gotta love the Aussie internet speed!!! Thanks to the Liberal party, that will never change now...

Shufty

Amen to crappy Australian Internet :(

I find the best policy to fix any KK2 weirdness is to keep note of your settings, then nuke it (factory reset), then set it all up again from scratch (including re-calibrating the ESC's). This has pretty much always fixed weirdness in the past.