Tricopter Third Motor Problem

AireMichael

Hi i just made my first tricopter scratch build and plugged everything in. I messed around with it trying to get it to work but everything except the third motor is working. im running it off a turnigy 9x and kk2 board. Ive tried plugging everything in and out but nothing seems to work pls help

Avaviel

Resolder everything that has to do with the third motor... after this: Have you tried switching out ESCs?

trevoof

I will recommend isolating the issue first - is it on the flight controller or with the motor/ESC:

1. Check whether the motor+ESC of that arm works - you can plug the servo lead directly into the throttle channel of the receiver (bypassing the flight controller) to see if it works.

2. If you find the faults lies with the motor/ESC, check all the solder joints and also try pairing it with other motors/esc to isolate the problem.

3. If the motor/ESC runs fine on its own and the problem is on the flight controller side, maybe you can check the pin positions? Perhaps you can take a picture of the FC wiring and post it here? and others can have a look at it here.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Check your motor wires. And cover up the bullet connectors. That shaking is a motor that is not plugged in right or a bad esc

walkman1269

I've seen that when 2 legs are connected of the 3 between the ESC and motor. Some ESC twitch when the have power but no signal from FC but not that fast.

Last edited:

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I'm with crash recovery. The jitters are most likely from a poor connection between the ESC and the motor or a bad ESC.

Don't push motors that jitter. You may smoke them.

If you did the solder job on the motor leads, some motors have enamel on the leads that has to be removed before solder will stick. That is a very common cause of jitters.

And also like crashrecovery pointed out, you need to cover those bullet connectors so they are isolated from each other and other conductive materials.