Tricopter Yaw Guard

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
That is well done Toby!!!

That is really helpful for many trying to build one.

Also do you think that the zip ties holding the motors are strong enough? The good thing about it is that you have that done really quickly and the motor just comes off with a crash but does it hold under pressure?

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Great job Tobster !

I noticed that you also crossed the zip ties to secure the motors, that's good !
The best zip ties to use are the ones that have a little stretch in them.
I use the 2.5 x 60 el cheapo ones from HK and they work fine.
At least they hold the motors at full thrust.

I also see that you used the HK board and (if i'm correct) the KKMulticopter Black Board.
What is your experience between both ?

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I think I am going to mount my two front motors this way then because the durability after crashes seems to be better like that.

Good idea! I like how you went on with Davids idea of using as many zipties as possible :D

Thank You :) i dont know yet, i messed one of my motors up so i got limiting flying time. when i fix it ill let you know.
That is well done Toby!!!

That is really helpful for many trying to build one.

Also do you think that the zip ties holding the motors are strong enough? The good thing about it is that you have that done really quickly and the motor just comes off with a crash but does it hold under pressure?

Burg: i do have both kk boards, ive only used the flycam one so far becuz i havent flashed the hobby king board yet. but its deff better quality their gyros like the ones that are in a wii controller. not sure what there called tho, but it seems to be nice. now my tricopter only starts the motors up at half stick do you know why this is?

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Anas is 100% right.
Procedure from page 12 of the HK board manual:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uploads/181205144X7478X19.pdf

4. ESC throttle range:
- Turn yaw pot to zero.
- Turn on transmitter.
- Throttle stick to full.
- Turn on flight controller.
- Wait until the ESCs beep twice after the initial beeps. (Depend on which ESC's)
- Throttle stick to off. ESCs beep.
- Turn off flight controller.
- Restore the yaw pot.

Airwolf

Nice idea. This tape (3M Dual-lock) holds soooo much better than typical velcro. I'm using it to hold registration plates in my cars, and as far as I know they even using it to mount boards on the truck trailers. Too bad it's so expensive. I used different idea for servo protection - servo arm mounted on the yaw mechanism axle with superglue - it's pretty strong, but on the other hand in case of crash it'll simply snap.