the servo do all kind of weird things
go full right then left
props are balanced
board is on foam
the only thing i do not have i right motor with counter rotation
can any one help!!

IBeHoey

The Warranty Voider
Hey djFrank, have you tried reversing the Rudder channel(4) in the mixer? if it's set to -100, change it to 100, or vice versa. If you find that your Tri uncontrollably spins in either direction, I heard this can be resolved by updating the firmware to version 1.6.

Aside from that, changing the prop direction of one of your motors can help as well in offsetting the torque, as opposed to having all 3 spin in the same direction. Some say you don't need to do this with a tri, as the yaw movement of the servo can counter this but it definitely can't hurt. The way I look at it, if the servo has turn 10 degrees just to counter the torque, that's 10 less degrees of movement you'll have in the yaw.

earthsciteach

Check to see that your servo is centered and that your quick connect set screws are REALLY tight on the control rods. Looks like a metal gear servo, so I'm ruling out a stripped gear.

djfrank

Hey djFrank, have you tried reversing the Rudder channel(4) in the mixer? if it's set to -100, change it to 100, or vice versa. If you find that your Tri uncontrollably spins in either direction, I heard this can be resolved by updating the firmware to version 1.6.

Aside from that, changing the prop direction of one of your motors can help as well in offsetting the torque, as opposed to having all 3 spin in the same direction. Some say you don't need to do this with a tri, as the yaw movement of the servo can counter this but it definitely can't hurt. The way I look at it, if the servo has turn 10 degrees just to counter the torque, that's 10 less degrees of movement you'll have in the yaw.

thank you that was the problem
went to -100 now it does not spin
thanks much
now i have to tweak the self level a bit has a little drift back and to the right when the tail point back to me
there is no wind and i am in my double garage lots of room to tweek it
thanks again for your help :)!!!!

IBeHoey

The Warranty Voider
thank you that was the problem
went to -100 now it does not spin
thanks much
now i have to tweak the self level a bit has a little drift back and to the right when the tail point back to me
there is no wind and i am in my double garage lots of room to tweek it
thanks again for your help :)!!!!

Glad I could help. :D

I really like the looks of those motors! Any vibration issues?

Yeah, I do too. They kind of remind me of the Apollo Saturn V rockets.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Thank you so, so much for the answer here. This may be the answer to someone else's bad day too.