Tricpoter with KK2 board, servo not moving, please help!

speedbird

I have just been in the process of making the rc explorer v2.5 tricopter and everything seemed to be working when i first tested it, except the servo, it centers, locks up, and does not respond to any input at all. I have checked that it works by plugging it directly into the receiver and it works fine. The servo is a analogue fake Futaba standard size servo so it is cheap but does work, and the kk 2 board is set to the tricopter so I have no idea whats causing this. This is my first multirotor so I don't really no what i'm doing, just following instructions, so it would be really helpful if someone could tell me whats wrong with it / me.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
The servo is powered by the ESC on any port from 2-8 on the KK2. If you have no BEC on those ESC's (motor 2 or 3) your servo will have no power. Also make sure the servo lead isn't plugged in backwards. darkest wire, black or brown will always go to the outside pins.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Oh wait, have you tried some throttle and then giving yaw(rudder) input? The servo usually won't respond unless the board sees some throttle. Try it with props off to be sure response/movement is in the correct direction before trying to fly.