Tried it over there, no a sound, I'll try it here.......

Flite Risk

DJI Flamewheel airframe (Hex)
DX18
Dragon link v2.
Naza 32 FC (dont know what version)

Dont know what version of the Dragon klink software in on either RX or the TX. That will be next on my list (where can I find a TTL?).

This rig was given to me by a dear friend who could not figure it out and though I might be able to. I've tried and tried. Tabled it. And am back to it.
Blinking lights, that's what I got. That's all I got. (see the vid)

The DX18 has had a power supply hack (who ever put this together knows what they are doing) but that makes me wonder how the bind process happens when compared to the process without the power hack, the whole hold the momentary bind button power on thing.........
So do you hold the bind momentary, plug in the 1/8" trainer port, then switch on the DX18?
do you hold the bind momentary, Turn on the DX18, then plug in the 1/8 trainer port?
The DX18 seems to get power when the 1/8" trainer plug is plugged in.

Here is a video I just took with lights a blinking, let me know if there is a specific sequence you would like to see me get on video.

After more digging, this is what I found:

I followed the instructions as described here at minute 3:16

I have the pins 5&6 jumped, properly powered.

This is what I get, 3 L.E.Ds. operate in this fashon;

red constant on
greed fast blink for about 2 seconds, stays on until blue is finished
blue fast blink for about 2 seconds, slow flash once
both blue eynd green go out simultaneously, red still on

See the video here :

I have reached out to Dreagon Link, no word back........

jaredstrees

Sorry man, wish I could help, but I'm a plank type of guy. There are a few multirotor guys on here, electrisean and psyborg might be able to help.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I've never played with Dragon Link, all I've heard is that it's pretty expensive, and that support is sketchy at best... A good first place to start is to get all the firmware updated to current. USB to TTL converters are fairly common, also called FTDI adapters. Here is one I've had good results with, and can be used with either 3.3V or 5V. Check what your stuff requires before you power it up :)

I've never head of a Naza 32, are you sure it's not a Naze? I have 0 experience with DJI stuff either, but if it's a Naze I can probably help you get in the air. Some close up clear photos of the FC will help figure you what you have.

Flite Risk

ElectriSean

here ya bee, two pix.

Its the Dragon link That I cant get to calibrate or change the IDs.
The fc I can open with beta flight.
I sent DL an e-mail last Tuesday and hearing nothing as of today I copied this thread, printed it and sent it to the via Snail Mail.
We shall see....

Attachments

• NAZA FC.jpg
    NAZA FC.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • NAZA GPS ant.jpg
    NAZA GPS ant.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
While waiting for a reply from DL you could probably get it in the air with a regular Spektrum receiver.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Here are two links to set up vids that may help. One is the original the other is v2. There are many videos that may open up a solution in that particular search tree.

Hope there is something usefull in these so we can make you the dragon link guru. ;)

Edit.. came across this vid with the blimky red light... seems that means bad board and people sent or contacted some.guy named mike for repair / replacement.

Last edited:

Flite Risk

Still no word from D.L.
UPSP Snail mail actual paper letter requesting help sent on 5, November . . . . . . . . . . . .

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
ElectriSean

here ya bee, two pix.

Its the Dragon link That I cant get to calibrate or change the IDs.
The fc I can open with beta flight.
I sent DL an e-mail last Tuesday and hearing nothing as of today I copied this thread, printed it and sent it to the via Snail Mail.
We shall see....

Hey as far as I know, NAZA flight controllers only run DJI software and not betaflight. Not sure how you're able to connect to it via betaflight, but i suspect you need the DJI flight firmware and ground station software.

Flite Risk

Attack, I'm not that far along yet.
I cant get the DLtx to bind to the DLrx.
The Naza may work but I dont know yet.

Still no reply to my good old fashion paper letter I sent to DL. Certainly no reply to any E-mails either..........make me wanna run right out there and buy a V3 and tell my friends to too..................NOT. (Borat reference)

Flite Risk

So I've noticed some interesting things.
This is my format
COMPONENT, ACTION - RESULT & ADDITIONAL COMPONENT, ADDITIONAL RESULT

DLrx, switched on - DLrx, one red light.
DX18, power switched on - DLrx, solid blue light comes on (-red has remained on) & DLtx fast red flash.
Trainer port, plugged in - DLtx, no change & DLrx, no change.
Trainer port, unplugged - DLtx ,no change & DLrx, no change.
DX18, switched off - DLtx, red light goes off & DLrx, blue light goes out.
Trainer port plugged in - DLtx, solid green light & DX18, comes on (although switch is off) & DLrx, solid blue light comes back on.
DX18, switched on - DLtx, flashes red & DLrx, no change
Trainer port, unplugged - DLrx, solid blue goes out
Trainer port, plugged in - DLtx, flashing red & DLrx solid blue comes back on
DX18, switched on - DLtx, solid green light * DLrx solid blue

The fine folks at DragonLink still have made no contact or acknowledgement of the letter I sent requesting help.

Flite Risk

Sean now I want to figure it out. On top of that a good friend gifted me the rig;
gopro,
dx18,
1.3 mhzfpv tx&rx ground station and all. I kind of want to get it in the air as he gave it to me.
I do get kind of stubborn sometimes principal tends to influence me more often than it ought to......