Tried stock Fat Shark Dominator 5.8 setup - disspointed.

Nonamerc

Arman
I only buy planes and electronics from Hobbyking. I dont buy FPV equipment from them because almost all of the systems that they have (except the 5.8 GHz series) are from old technology and I am willing to pay about 10 to 20 $ more for newer technology.

David Tuska surf

Fat shark Predator with Immerrsion 250mw

So, reading this thread. Why did I pay £240 for Fat Shark Pedator Googles with 250mw transmitter if all I get is 25meters distance? when I can see what I am filming by eye at this range. I see lots of people here with range problems so why £240? Why should I need to build Clover antennas etc, why dont they come with the pack if they are all that work?

I have this setup for my Walkera QRX350 Pro. I also find the Gimbal easily goes into a fit if the quad wobbles or banks to much, this then wobbles the quad out of the sky. Another £430 flop.... plus the legs on the quad are too short and the camera gets a hit on landing. Duff china stuff! Any fixes?

Last edited:

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
So, reading this thread. Why did I pay £240 for Fat Shark Pedator Googles with 250mw transmitter if all I get is 25meters distance? when I can see what I am filming by eye at this range. I see lots of people here with range problems so why £240? Why should I need to build Clover antennas etc, why dont they come with the pack if they are all that work?

I have this setup for my Walkera QRX350 Pro. I also find the Gimbal easily goes into a fit if the quad wobbles or banks to much, this then wobbles the quad out of the sky. Another £430 flop.... plus the legs on the quad are too short and the camera gets a hit on landing. Duff china stuff! Any fixes?

Hi David Tuska surf! Welcome to the forum! wave1.gif

Sorry to hear of your trouble :( the FatShark products are really good although very expensive when compared to lesser known brands. One of the biggest advantages to flying FPV in the line of sight is depth perception and camera postion. If you want to film a tree for instance line of sight you will have to guess as to the distance to the tree and camera position. If you have FPV you can fly up to it and film to your heart's content!

Now for antennas. Your system likely came with monopole antennas no? Those are fine for big open spaces but are not great for places with trees and buildings around. I would recommend checking out VAS products. The blue beam antenna is really good! Immersion also makes an antenna called SpiroNET. Those are what I use and am very happy with the product.

Finally the quad. Try picking up a prop balancer and watch this video...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_fL_QuMkp8

Once you have good balanced props you can see if that helps your gimbal. The next thing to check would be how the gimbal is mounted. Gimbals do like to be isolated from vibrations but not all wibbly wobbly either. Check the rubber isolators if you have them, make sure the hardware is tightened to the manufacturer specifications.

Hope this information is helpful and if you ever have questions, don't be afraid to ask :D

Last edited: