Help! Trouble making elevons function evenly

Bricks

Master member
I let the servos center themselves when I fired up the transmitter, before installing them and the linkages onto the airframe. looked to still be a slight imperfection. The plane is totalled and scrapped now, but I will have pics of the next build, especially if it has problems on function check. Is there a function on the transmitter settings that would let me center the servos even further?

What radio are you using many times sub trim is needed to get the correct 90 degrees,

Wildthing

Legendary member
I personally very seldom use the sub trim. Every new plane I make sure all the settings in the tx are all reset back to neutral, any mixes not required are turned off then center the servos and install the arms and setup all the controls. I use linkage stoppers all the time to adjust the control surfaces level and very seldom have any issues. I have found mixing in channels and I can get some discrepancies on surface movement . For elevons 99% of the time I just use a V Tail mixer and if I have ailerons I mix in channel 6 for that.

Bricks

Master member
Since most servos only have one mounting direction the servo arms will be at 90 degrees sometimes sub trim is a necessity. If the servo arm is not 90 degrees you are adding in differential to the control surface, some times differential is wanted but not with elevons.

Wildthing

Legendary member
I understand that but if both servo arms are identical whether forward or backwards a hair you will be fine. You then would have slight different deflection from neutral to up or down