Trouble with Bixler 1.1 Motor & Beeping

gnestrel

Hey guys, hopefully someone can help me with a problem. This is my first plane by the way, so if you could talk in simple terms that would be very helpful.

I bought the Bixler 1.1 RTF. Assembled everything. Charged the battery all the way. Hooked up all the channels and programmed the controller by putting the jumper in the BAT channel, hooking up the battery to the ESC, hold the bind button down and then turn on the controller. The receiver stops blinking. I then shut off the controller and unplug the battery and the jumper.

After the programming is complete, I turn the throttle down all the way, and turn on the controller. Then I connect the battery to the ESC. After I do this the motor starts beeping continuously and does not stop until I turn up the throttle a slight amount. The motor does not spin whatsoever other than twitching a small amount in sync with every beep. It's like it wants to spin but is restricted?

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
There may be a safety switch on your transmitter that keeps the motor from running till you throw the switch. There was one like that on my first plane (HawkSky).

Thurmond

gnestrel

Oh, yes that is all the way down as well. I've tried it in multiple locations when starting up. No luck.

gnestrel

I finally got it! I put the trim lever all the way up and the channel in reverse! Crazy combination...

Thank you for your advice though, it got me thinking!

For reference, what does the throttle trim actually do?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I finally got it! I put the trim lever all the way up and the channel in reverse! Crazy combination...

Thank you for your advice though, it got me thinking!

For reference, what does the throttle trim actually do?

The throttle trim is there mainly for fuel airplanes when you need to adjust the idle speed on the engine. Not much use for electric.

Have you set your throttle endpoints? First correct the reversed channel - then do this:

Turn all off. Take off/loosen prop. Throttle up all the way. Turn on Tx, Rx. Wait till two beeps, then throttle down. ESC will arm and you're done.

This will make sure you get maximum throttle range on your stick.