Trouble with Suppo ESC/motor

finnsquared

Greetings!

This is my first post. I've been lurking for a while and I've finally reached the point where I need to reach out for some advice.

So I've just finished building my first FT Spitfire. She looks pretty good considering my limited experience with scratch building. I'm installing the electronics and I've run into some trouble with the motor and ESC I ordered from Altitude Hobbies. Both are from their Spitfire kit.

When I connected all of the components for testing everything worked fine. The motor beeped and spun. The servos sprung to life. I reprogrammed the ESC to match my LiPo batteries. After setting it as a new model on my TX and tuning the settings for the servos (all of which still operate), the motor stops responding. It no longer beeps when I plug in the battery and there is no throttle response. I've gone over every aspect of my setup to find the source of this issue but I've run out of ideas. I don't have an oscilloscope to check the PWM from the ESC which is the only variable I haven't examined. Any thoughts on what the problem might be?

I've added a list of the components I'm working with below. Thanks in advance for any assistance :D

Spektrum DX6i
Spektrum AR400
Suppo 2217/7 1250kv brushless outrunner
Suppo 30A brushless ESC
Four Suppo SP-90 9g servos
11.1V 1.3Ah 3S 30C Hobby People LiPo battery

Flynn

I'm no expert but I'll try to help. From your description you changed 2 things, the ESC program and the Tx Model. I would change the settings back on the ESC and see if it works. Also, I would double check the ESC's connection to the Receiver, only because you said the motor does not beep when you connect the battery.

Do you have a spare ESC to swap it with?

finnsquared

I can't figure out how to reset the ESC since the beeps from the motor are what signify the menu options when you program it. Connections are good. I'm thinking something is wrong with the ESC itself. I swapped it for another ESC from a different plane and everything works perfectly. Should I just send it back to AH for a replacement? Or is there something else I could be overlooking?

finnsquared

So! I was fortunate enough to find an answer over at RCGroups. The problem was with the throttle on my TX. I wiped the settings back to defaults and rebound the RX. It seems like I was too hasty the first time and the channels weren't properly bound. Thanks for the advice and for placating my noobishness.

Mytrious1

FlyDad
DX6I Throttle issue

So! I was fortunate enough to find an answer over at RCGroups. The problem was with the throttle on my TX. I wiped the settings back to defaults and rebound the RX. It seems like I was too hasty the first time and the channels weren't properly bound. Thanks for the advice and for placating my noobishness.
I had the Same Issue. I had a DX6I with a recall defect. Tech support walked me through the diagnostic procedure and sure enough my throttle indicator was jittering. Horizon also has a walk through video on their site. It took three years for the defect to show up for me. They sent me another DX6I With the DSMX upgrade added to it. It worth checking out because it will act like it wants to work then once your up you can lose throttle control intermittently. Good luck !