Help! Troubles with FT Aura 5 lite

Mike-mike

On my flying wing elevons, moving the stick left and right makes it pitch up and down. Moving the stick up and down makes it roll left and right. I've followed the FT vids exactly and even reset the Aura 5 to a fresh, clean condition to try again. I'm using a clean "Acro" model on my Spektrum transmitter. I can't get the control surfaces to react properly.

Here's a vid

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! -Mike

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...... I'm using a clean "Acro" model on my Spektrum transmitter......
On your Tx, turn off any elevon mixing. Let the Aura do the mixing.
How are the gyros responding? Are they correct? When you roll left, the right aileron should go up & the left down. When the nose goes down both elevons should go up.

Mike-mike

All mixing in the TX is on "inhibit" so there is no mixing. The gyro is wonky just like you see with the sticks in the video.

dap35

Elite member
On my flying wing elevons, moving the stick left and right makes it pitch up and down. Moving the stick up and down makes it roll left and right. I've followed the FT vids exactly and even reset the Aura 5 to a fresh, clean condition to try again. I'm using a clean "Acro" model on my Spektrum transmitter. I can't get the control surfaces to react properly.

Here's a vid

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! -Mike
Sometimes its easier to use the Aura Configuration App (on Windows) to connect to the Aura5 and tweak things. Two options, first run through the train my transmitter options, second, you might need to reverse specific servos in the Aura config tool. Thats how I have fixed the same problem.

Mike-mike

I got it figured out using the Aura config tool. Reversed servo port 2 and then swapped the left and right elevon outputs. Now everything works correctly.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
.... Now everything works correctly.
Good news!

So the reason you just can't follow the instructions. It all depends on which way you install your servos. If you were to flip one or both of your servos over, it would take a different set of reversing & servo channels. On you next install, make sure your servo orientation is identical to this, then the same combination will work.

Mike-mike

Good news!

So the reason you just can't follow the instructions. It all depends on which way you install your servos. If you were to flip one or both of your servos over, it would take a different set of reversing & servo channels. On you next install, make sure your servo orientation is identical to this, then the same combination will work.
Nope, you are wrong. I don't appreciate you making ignorant assumptions about someone you don't know.

Last edited:

MattS1967

If you read it correctly, he never made an ignorant assumption about you. He was basically saying sometimes you can't use the instructions that they give you because it might not work correctly with your setup you have.