Trying to fly a sport cub s, but it isn’t turning on. And yes I charged the battery

chronix

I had a problem with my connector on the sport cub s, they are fragile and not a great design IMHO. Simple stuff, make sure your radio is on with all switches and throttle in zero position before you plug the battery. If that doesn't help someone will come along with better advice.

Bricks

Master member
On some of those you have to move the throttle above 25% and back down to get it to harm it is a saftey factor.

OwenMacDonald

I had a problem with my connector on the sport cub s, they are fragile and not a great design IMHO. Simple stuff, make sure your radio is on with all switches and throttle in zero position before you plug the battery. If that doesn't help someone will come along with better advice.
Will the servos respond to stick inputs?
Are you getting any beeps?
nothing

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
The fist step is to remove the prop. We don’t want it to start unexpectedly. You need to put the Rx in bind mode. Some receivers use a bind plug, others have a button.

chronix

In my umx receiver all I to do was move the rudder to the right of I recall. I had it bound to my trusty dx6i, I can run some tests if need be

Edit: mobile spelling

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Does the prop just pop off, how do I get to the receivers
The prop usually has a nut that holds it on, sometimes the nut is under the spinner. Post a picture of your setup.

Most likely it will be inside the plane, there should be an access hatch of some sort. The receiver will have 4-6 servo leads (wires) plugged into it. Each of the servo leads will be composed of 3 wires.