Help! Trying to get Elevons to work on FT LongEZ

Stockader

I am a newbie, and this is my first build. I cannot get my elevon servos to move at all. I have a Radiomaster TX16S and a Spektrum AR6100e receiver. I have the servos plugged into the AIL and ELE connections, and mix on channel 1 and 2. I tested the servos, and they work. The throttle works fine. Who will help me?

IMG_20210112_100909149[1].jpg

Stockader

Tell us how you tested the servos & throttle.
Are they responding to the stick movement in the Tx or did you test them some other way?
the servos were tested with my servo centering tool, the throttle responds to the stick.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I am a newbie, and this is my first build.
A quick aside, is this your first build or also your first plane that your trying to fly?
having resently been a 'newbie' myself, I would not recommend the long easy as a learner craft, it is fast and swirly.

JasonK

the servos were tested with my servo centering tool, the throttle responds to the stick.
please try moving the ESC to a different port and try each of the servos on the port the motor was working on, if they work there (in response to the throttle), then we know that part is working and it would come down to the mixes/config in your TX.

Stockader

please try moving the ESC to a different port and try each of the servos on the port the motor was working on, if they work there (in response to the throttle), then we know that part is working and it would come down to the mixes/config in your TX.
Neither servo responded when attached to the THR port. ????

Stockader

A quick aside, is this your first build or also your first plane that your trying to fly?
having resently been a 'newbie' myself, I would not recommend the long easy as a learner craft, it is fast and swirly.
I have an OMP S720 that I fly, I also use the Phoenix RC simulator.

JasonK

did you check the other ports on your receiver, perhapse the labeling doesn't match between your TX and the receiver

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
the throttle responds to the stick.
If the throttle is responding to stick movement, then you have successfully bound the Rx to the Tx.
I agree with @JasonK, the problem likely is in the Tx.
There should be a screen that shows' the output of the Tx, it will have bars showing each channel and the bars should move with stick movement. Are the bars moving with the sticks?

Stockader

If the throttle is responding to stick movement, then you have successfully bound the Rx to the Tx.
I agree with @JasonK, the problem likely is in the Tx.
There should be a screen that shows' the output of the Tx, it will have bars showing each channel and the bars should move with stick movement. Are the bars moving with the sticks?
Yes the bars are moving

JasonK

Neither servo responded when attached to the THR port. ????
are you sure you have the servo connected correctly then? as if the throttle port is working for the ESC, but not the servo and the servo works with the servo centerer, but not the receiver on that working port... there appears to be a connection issue between the receiver and the servo.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
The throttle works fine.
When you say the throttle is resounding to stick movement, is the motor spinning up?
BTW be sure to remove the prop until this is sorted out. You don't want a prop starting to spin unexpectedly.

Stockader

did you check the other ports on your receiver, perhapse the labeling doesn't match between your TX and the receiver
I plugged a servo into all the other posts, no response.
are you sure you have the servo connected correctly then? as if the throttle port is working for the ESC, but not the servo and the servo works with the servo centerer, but not the receiver on that working port... there appears to be a connection issue between the receiver and the servo.
OK, I got a brand new servo out, plugged it into the aileron spot, works fine.
Plugged it into the ele spot, works fine.

you must be right, somehow the two servos that work with the tester are not working with the receiver.
Thanks for the guidance!

JasonK

The receiver is setup like this:

TAER
1 - Throttle
2 - Aileron
3 - Elevator
4 - Rudder

5 - Gear
6 - aux1

but it looks like your TX setup like this:
1 - ElevL
2 - ElevR
3 - throttle
4 - rudder

Stockader

When you say the throttle is resounding to stick movement, is the motor spinning up?
BTW be sure to remove the prop until this is sorted out. You don't want a prop starting to spin unexpectedly.
prop is removed and yes the motor spins up.

Somehow the two servos that work with the tester are not working with the receiver.
Thanks for the guidance!

JasonK

you must be right, somehow the two servos that work with the tester are not working with the receiver.
Thanks for the guidance!
good to hear you worked it out!

Paracodespoder

Elite member

Thanks for the guidance!
You don’t happen to be plugging them in backwards do you?
I learned that one once, doesn’t cause problems, just doesn’t work.