Help! Trying to get Elevons to work on FT LongEZ

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Sorry by the way I have a habit of skipping through some posts instead of reading everything and missed the part where you mentioned you have a servo tester.
Did the same with my last comment too, where you mentioned both new and original servo's worked on the tester :rolleyes::eek::censored:.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
This is a weird one.
I would be tempted to return the two suspect servos, depending where and when you bought them. The two that work on both the servo tester and receiver keep, but run them under load for an hour as I suggested. Just osillating back and forth on the servo tester is fine, if they survive that test your half way there.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Sorry done it again they are PTK servo's not PTY :rolleyes:
1610497816505.png
Its my 5th 12hour night shift in a row, the old brain cells need a jump start.
https://uk.banggood.com/PTK-7452-MG...-p-1621043.html?cur_warehouse=CN&rmmds=search

Stockader

Attachments

• Y cable on tester.zip
    17.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Y cable from receiver.zip
    24.6 MB · Views: 0

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Ive had that juddering and can't rememeber what caused it :unsure: but it was usually when I stopped moving the sticks. The servo would respond normally then when I returned the stick to zero it would judder like that.

Also had something similar recently with my Tiny cub, it was fine on low rates but on high rates one aileron started twitching. It flew fine on low rates but didnt trust it so swapped over the receiver (FRsky TFR6) and my old Futaba. I connected a new Radiomaster R86C and my TX16s the problem went and now it works fine on all rates.

Are you on 11ms or 22ms repsonse for the receiver type ie DSMX 22ms ?
Also check your not on a low power setting on the TX
Finally check to see if they are both anolouge or one is digital servos ?

Trying to think of something obscure now that might be affecting it.

Try connecting a 4.8v supply to the receiver direct rather than through the ESC and lipo etc see if that has an impact.
Sorry struggling a bit now with options.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Generic Chinese 9 gram View attachment 189004 eneric Chinese 9 gram

Same ones I have that had a flutter to them because they had a really poor make! They require a high amperage to move them and are, in general, VERY poor quality. Sometimes, being as cheap as possible results in stuff like this. This is why I try to buy something with a name to it, like Emax, if it's for a foamboard plane. If I'm building balsa or something nicer, I'll move to something like a Hitec, or if it's a high end 3D plane where I need quick response and quality, I'll suggest a Savox (but you're paying $$$ for those servos).

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Good point a receiver will operate up to 6v so if you have one of those instead of the 4.8v try that ?
Ive had that juddering and can't rememeber what caused it :unsure: but it was usually when I stopped moving the sticks. The servo would respond normally then when I returned the stick to zero it would judder like that.

Also had something similar recently with my Tiny cub, it was fine on low rates but on high rates one aileron started twitching. It flew fine on low rates but didnt trust it so swapped over the receiver (FRsky TFR6) and my old Futaba. I connected a new Radiomaster R86C and my TX16s the problem went and now it works fine on all rates.

Are you on 11ms or 22ms repsonse for the receiver type ie DSMX 22ms ?
Also check your not on a low power setting on the TX
Finally check to see if they are both anolouge or one is digital servos ?

Trying to think of something obscure now that might be affecting it.

Try connecting a 4.8v supply to the receiver direct rather than through the ESC and lipo etc see if that has an impact.
Sorry struggling a bit now with options.
The 1ms and 22ms are the latency settings for the receiver, so when you bind you select either DSMX 11ms or DSMX 22ms which ever one you picked try the other as an option.

Stockader

Did you get any further soving the problem ?
Replaced the servos, so the plane is all set.
All I can think is that these 2 generic servos were requiring too much current for the BEC.
I will try them with another ESC and see what happens.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Id try the seperate power supply source for the receiver with the two suspect servos, that would eliminate the ESC from the equation
4.8v or a 6.0v either will do.
If your existing ESC is struggling to supply current to a couple of generic 9g servos, I would be concerned about the ESC ? They normally only take a few milli amps at most and thats when under load (or should be).