Trying to pick first transmitter!

SailorJerrys

Heyo folks!

I've recently been watching FliteTest a lot and even chatting with a buddy who has already begun to play around with some RC planes and drones.

He's recommended that I get the FS-T6 for a starter transmitter, but I've noticed there's a radio by FlySky that is a newer version of the T6 pretty much, which is the i6, seems to be a pretty good advancement on what the T6 was. Supposed to have the ability to be 'modded' up to 10 channels and such. Is it worth it to get the i6? I can either get a T6 on amazon.ca for about 74 bucks (that's with shipping and such.) it comes with a receiver already, or I can get a i6 with a receiver for about the same price, it'll just take longer to get here.

T6 seems like a safer bet but at the same time, I suppose it depends though. They both have good ratings in general and are good for beginners, cheap and such. And plus they're both 6channel (with the i6 being capable of being modded for 10). The main thing I like the price for is the fact that they give me a good transmitter to start with that will grow with me, without costing me a fortune if I find that RC isn't completely my thing, you know?

Anyways, anyone know if there's one I should take over the other? I don't really trust BangGood as an online store, I think I've gotten something from them before but it took forever to show up, in fact it got to the point I didn't think it was ever going to show up.

Anyone got opinions on this? Thanks for reading this thread and such! :)

(Oh! I'm in Canada, by the way, if folks are wondering why I'm saying the T6 is 74 bucks with shipping and taxes, cause I know in the states they're like, 50. :p)