Trying to understand 22-in-1

davidkdk

I'm trying to understand how 22-in-1 works. I haven't got it yet... ordering next week. I'm also getting RealFlight 8... so my interesting in 22-in-1 is just Phoenix.

I have downloaded Phoenix and have all the update files.
The 22-in-1 CD has software which gets installed.
The 22-in-1 software talks to the included dongle and sets it to Phoenix.
Then, my installed Phoenix sim will run.

Is this all correct?

Thanks.

d8veh

Elite member
The 22 in 1 comes with Phoenix on the disk. When you put in the disk, a menu pops up with a list of things to install, which includes RealFlight and a couple of drone sims as well as Phoenix. You just start at the top of the list and install the things you want. IIRC, it's the first three items to get Phoenix going, then you have the option of installing the other sims if you want, but I don't see the point unless you want to do drone racing. Also IIRC, the version of Phoenix installed is 5.0, but as soon as you try to run it, if offers you an auto-update to ver 5.5.

davidkdk

Thanks. I'll first trying installing my own Phoenix. I'll report back if that works. If not, I'll install from the 22-in-1 disk. Just being over-cautious.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
It's late for this post. I hope all went well. If not, there may be some help here, where I *nearly* finish the set up of the software. It's enough to get you going.

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/phoenix-rc-and-ft-models.56476/

Beyond that, for the most part, it's transmitter and user specific. I have learned how to do some some stuff since my last post in the thread. For instance my gear up/down switch now works. That was both transmitter specific and setting it up in the sim.

If you've any issues drop a line here in your thread. I'll try to help, and if I'm unable, I'll ask someone else. I'm honestly loving my sim experience. I'm willing to help you do the same.

davidkdk

Thanks buzzbomb... I'll keep these posts handy. I've not installed yet... waiting till I get down south next week. I'll be getting the 22-in-1 but I'll need to get an external cd drive as well because my PC doesn't have one.

I understand now that the 22-in-1 software is required in order to tell its usb dongle to go into Phoenix mode.

I'll be using a DX9 transmitter.

d8veh

Elite member
Thanks buzzbomb... I'll keep these posts handy. I've not installed yet... waiting till I get down south next week. I'll be getting the 22-in-1 but I'll need to get an external cd drive as well because my PC doesn't have one.

I understand now that the 22-in-1 software is required in order to tell its usb dongle to go into Phoenix mode.

I'll be using a DX9 transmitter.
The dongle has a 4-position hardware switch to select Phoenix mode. I'm pretty sure that the only thing you need to install is the Windows driver for it. As I said before, you don't need a CD drive. Get any friend that does have a CD drive to copy the files from the CD to a USB stick. You can install everything from there.

davidkdk

Unfortunately, I'll be down south, on my own, when I get the 22-in-1 : friendless and cd-driveless. :(
I thought there was only 1 version of the dongle... but I believe there are now 2 versions... one with the 4-position switch (original) and another without a switch - software sets the dongle. I'll try to get the switch version. Now... if I could only find some way to get the software from the CD... hmmmm.:sneaky:

d8veh

Elite member
Anyone who has the disk can email you the files. I can't find my disk at the moment, otherwise I'd send them to you.