Tuff Trainer w/ Floats!

saundw

Lol. I put "floats" (noodles) on my HK Tuff Trainer. Does anyone have any suggestions? I put it in my pool and taxied around. It works pretty good except that the whole horizontal stabilizer submerges underwater. Anyone know how I can fix that?
Photo on 5-12-12 at 2.22 PM.jpg

Funky Diver

Omnipilot
The whole plane needs to sit level for it to work. You might also want to cut the foam so they're more pointy at the front (like a boats hull) else if you do get off the water and need to land, the front is just going to stop and it'll go arse over tip.

earthsciteach

Put a metal clothes hanger or something somewhat shapable through the middle of the pontoons to bow the front of the pontoons up. Pretty much the same thing Funky Diver says.

glydr

How many letters do we ge
pool noodles without major modification only work for helis as they do not need forward motion (which those floats will prevent!)

The tips above are good but you also need a 'step' under or just behind the CoG, else it won't leave the water.

Have a read of this page: http://www.maac.ca/articles/maac_articles.php?art=float and if nothing else this diagram:

fp7.jpg