cdfigueredo

Elite member
I haven't finished yet, but it's almost done.
a.jpg b.jpg c.jpg d.jpg e.jpg

cdfigueredo

Elite member
The last weight test yielded a 900g AUW :eek:
Maybe this motor won;t be enough :rolleyes: The specifications say it's recommended for planes under 1000g, and it seems to be a bit close.

Last edited:

cdfigueredo

Elite member
What motor is it?
It is a GForce E400 Brushless Outrunner Motor (2212-1250KV) from Value Hobby
http://www.valuehobby.com/power-sys...outrunner-airplane/e400-1250kv-outrunner.html
  • Suitable for the small airplane with less than 1000g.
  • Weight: 46g
  • Max Current: 17A (60s)
  • Recommended Prop: 9 x 6 (3s), 10 x 4.7 (2S)
  • Recommended ESC: 20A ESC
  • 3.5mm banana plugs pre-soldered.
I've been flying several planes with this engine without any problem, but none of them had exceeded 650g AUW

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Maiden flight log
We made only two flight today because at the end of the second one the weather was pretty bad and I also loose the main gear.
In the first takeoff (the first video) one of the wheels was pulled to much for the spring and ended to much in, so I knew it would be a hard landing.
The motor performance was really well, it takeoff at full throttle because we like to do it that way. It flew with only 1/2 power or maybe less.
I noticed it was trying to climb when I added power, but was maybe the wind.
The first landing wasn't to bad, my friend Jorge brought it slowly and landed it in the grass. That was the bad wheel wasn't a a mayor problem. But the landing gear came q bit loose.

Second flight
I made the second flight knowing that it was a good plane :D. Take off was fast and straight without issues. I didn't try any acrobatic maneuver because in first place it was to much windy and also I didn't put any wood reinforcement to the wings so I didn't want to force it to much. I will add the wood spars in the plans for sure.
I landed almost fine :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I cut the motor and it stall. But the only damage was the landing gear that was loose. So no big issues.

I am pretty happy with the results. Will start working on the plans soon.;)