Tunrigy Airsoft lipos for 250 racer?

Carbon-89

Hi all, I'm new to quads and also the forum so firstly I'd like to say hello (Hello) :)

Now that's over with time for the noob questions that will do doubt come from me in there hundreds!
I've already order all the parts for my build which i shall list now so you guys have some idea what I'm working with.

Frame: Diaton silver Blade 250
Motors: Multistar Elite 2204-2300KV
Escs: Afro ESC 20Amp (SimonK Firmware)
Flight con: Hobbyking KK2.1HC
tx/rx: Turnigy TGY-i6
Battery: Turnigy 1500mAh 3S 25C
Props: 5030 Carbon or gemfan

Although I've ordered a battery with the rest im looking for something smaller which will fit inside my frame.
Having looked through the hobbyking website i found the nano tech airsoft lipos which seem to good to be true! http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__17288__Turnigy_nano_tech_1300mah_3S_25_50C_Lipo_AIRSOFT_Pack.html Is there any reason other than the plug which can be changed i cant use this for my quad? from all the specs listed its no different to the other lipos bar the size?

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated, need more lipos!!

finnen

Nano-techs are widely used, for most 250 quads that size wouldn't be really usable (too long), but if it fits in your quad, I can't see any problems.

finnen

Hmm...I found your frame online. Can't find any measurements, but if it has the same basic measurements as most 250 quads, that battery is too long to fit comfortably on that frame. I would go with a regular 1300 and just mount it on top. I have seen people being able to fit the battery inside the frame, but it would be a difficult squeeze, and you risk breaking stuff in front of the battery (flight controller, camera etc).

Carbon-89

Thanks for the replies guys, I've tried to get some pictures of the sizes and looked at the flight controller which is saying its 19mm on the website. That along with the battery makes 37mm which seems to be exactly the gap i have in the frame and length wise seems to work nice too. I know it's tight and really i need to measure the parts myself but im pretty sure i can mount the battery inside strapped to the top plate. And if not maybe space it a few mm??

11157989_837818282940704_1948373628_n.jpg 11158076_837818202940712_1140409966_n.jpg

All advice appreciated :cool:

finnen

Sure, you might get away with that with only the FC, but aren't you going to mount a camera at the front? That'll reduce the usable length by about 30mm.

Carbon-89

I was looking to get some flight time in before going fpv so wouldnt be the battery always used just when i wanted to cut down on weight ect. However the entire plans gone out the window now having received my flight controller to find out it doesn't fit!!! :mad: Frames a few mm to short and doesn't look like theres even room to modify :(

Back to the drawing board i guess, and no doubt weeks more waiting given nothing is stocked in the uk GRRR