Turnigy 9X 9Ch Mode 2 Transmitter w/ Module & iA8 Receiver

shadeyB

Legendary member
Hi pilots
recently bought another turnigy 9x radio as my last one died, yes I got the cheap end of the selection but i find it does the job 😊 and I had the old turnigy 9x i did hope that I could just bind my old receivres to the radio with those being of the turning name but this is not the case 😭😭
it was supplied with the iA8 receiver which is a bonus because i can’t find them anywhere to buy more.
I should have known better lol I have 1 receiver for 12 planes 😭😭😭
anyway couple questions please
1 - any ideas where I can purchase iA8 receiver
2- would the i6 bind to it (hoping someone out there also has the same radio)

thanks in advance
Barry

FDS

Elite member
Turnigy is rebranded Flysky, what you need to do is find out which protocol you have, there are two, AFHDS and AFHDS2 A. Helpfully you can’t bind one with the other in some combinations.
AFHDS is the older protocol. You might have that in the old Turnigy you had, and have now got a newer AFHDS2 A.
Once you have that worked out you just shop by protocol instead.

shadeyB

Legendary member
Turnigy is rebranded Flysky,
now got a newer AFHDS2 A.
Once you have that worked out you just shop by protocol instead.

fantastic thanks
it’s AFHDS 2A 👌 the ia6 is also AFHDS 2A so in terms that would bind also
thanks, I can build and fly, solder and glue lol but all this IBUS/SBUS - PPM-PWM modulation stuff ? Lost me there lol

FDS

Elite member
Stupid radio manufacturers, I couldn’t believe we had all this choice with modern computerised TX’s but zero standardised protocols, even within the same manufacturers radios! They all do it to some extent, or they have a great range for planes but are lousy for quads etc. Only a multi protocol TX gets around this mess but the good ones are a lot of work to program.

shadeyB

Legendary member
Stupid radio manufacturers, I couldn’t believe we had all this choice with modern computerised TX’s but zero standardised protocols, even within the same manufacturers radios! They all do it to some extent, or they have a great range for planes but are lousy for quads etc. Only a multi protocol TX gets around this mess but the good ones are a lot of work to program.

lol hear you there , the fact that ive found out the Turing is really the flysky radio rebranded gets on my ****
as for -programming .... can mix my elevons ...... a sign Aux channels and basic stuff like end points & expo yes but the rest is above my head higher than I fly lol
I suppose I’ve not really looked at programming others like DR and stuff because I basically don’t need it