Turnigy 9x and trinity head tracking

lowercase15

Could use some help. I have a turnigy 9x with the frsky module and my receiver has 8 channels. im using channels 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 (my flight mode switch). I recently bought a pan tilt roll system which requires 3 channels for head tracking. The issue im having is the head tracking system only allows me to use channels 5 6 and 7 or 6 7 and 8 for each motion. Im wondering if there is a way to set my flight mode switch to use channel 5 on my receiver or at least use another gear as my flight mode switch. I only need to flight modes so it can be any of the gear switches. nobody on rcgroups answered so im hoping you guys can help me out. hopefully this all makes since. thanks!

RichB

Is there a way that you can reprogram your mode switch to channel 5?

I have a 9x but I reflashed it to er9x a week or so after I got it, and now have opentx on it. With those firmwares it's trivial to do whatever you want. I've used it with the trinity headtracker and it's easy.

Sorry to say, but the easiest thing to do might be to reflash your transmitter.

lowercase15

What firmware do you suggest would be the easiest to accomplish something like this? Thank you for replying, this has been bugging me for quite some time.

RichB

OpenTX Is my favorite now.

The easiest and cheapest way to convert your 9X to a re-flashable radio is to get one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5v-Micro-US...673?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a95a401a1

Mount it to the case so the usb slot is exposed to the outside, and run wires from the 6 pinholes to the right places on the board in your radio, thus:

click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_14237796835917&key=76563c4d2e1e0340ce7f6d67b106dab9&libId=0f974932-6.jpg

Now you have a usb-programmable radio