Turnigy 9x canard elevator + flaperon mixing question

earthsciteach

I am trying to figure out how to mix elevons with an independent servo for a canard elevator. Elevons work just fine, but can't figure out what I need to do to get the canard servo to work. Has anyone done this?

If all else fails, I'll just go to ailerons and elevator.

Thanks!

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Yep, too easy. Set your two elevator servos as elevons (channel 1 and 2) and use PROG.MIX for the canard, with that servo plugged in to one of channel 5-8 (not 4, as this will make the rudder operate the canard). Make that slave to ailerons and set the offsets and it should work great... If not, keep playing along those lines. I've found the offsets, uprates and downrates are not always intuitive, but if you keep playing you'll get it in the end via trial and error. Just make sure it's right before you chuck the plane in the air ;)

earthsciteach

Ok, I'm trying to figure out this prog mix (without success).
I have elevons activated and they work nicely.
I have the canard servo plugged into channel 6
Here's the prog mix:
State - ACT
Master-AIL
Slave-AUX
offset- played around with 0-100
uprate-played around with 0-100
dnrate-played around with 0-100
SW-ON and OFF depending

I get no response from the canard servo. I've tried various master/slave combos and still nothing. Garrr!
Please help me!!!! My wife is getting really annoyed from all of the beeping from my TX! :rolleyes:

earthsciteach

Here's the mix:
State - ACT
Master - Elev
Slave - FLP (this is channel 6-why they don't just call it ch6 is beyond me!)
Offset-000
Uprate-100
Dnrate-100
SW-ON

Going to maiden her today!

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Haha, glad to see you got it. The only noise my wife hates more is the battery charger... I was going to suggest setting the uprates and downrates to do something ;)

PS GYRO is channel 5 FYI