Turnigy 9x Discovery

Khaptin

I'm pretty new, and a lot of you may know this about the Turing 9x.

I made a discovery while trying to figure out how to get into the setup to enable an auxiliary channel so I could control a servo on my hex to cary and drop cargo. If I press the up or down button on the main screen, eventually I get to a screen that displays my battery voltage from the hex! I bought the radio and hex used, and the original owner replaced the standard TX RX with a FrSky TX RX that has this simple voltage telemetry (did I use the right word) all wired up!

ANyway, just a tip from a newbie to anyone else that may not know it.

P.S. I did eventually figure out how to wire a servo to the RX and have done some testing flying and dropping cargo, because? Why not.

Last edited:

SteevyT

It's not a feature of the standard Turnigy 9x. You lucked out and got one with the telemetry mod installed already and a hex with the module attached to the receiver to do it. Very nice find though.

If you have the right modules attached to the receiver, you can also get current draw, RSSI, satellite link (if you have GPS), flight mode, and probably some more I'm not remembering right now.

Khaptin

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken the er9x is the update for the Turnigy? While flipping through the settings (and hopefully not messing anything up) I found that it has that er9x "update".

Also I found what looks like a small telemetry unit soldered onto the battery input and connected to the FrSky RX module.

Last edited:

SteevyT

Yup, same firmware I'm using in mine (although I don't have telemetry on mine). Takes the Turnigy from being worth the $100 or so it normally costs to a point where I would put it up against a lot of other 9 channel transmitters on the market.