turnigy 9x problems when using with naza v2

jinxx426

Hay guys I tried to post this on the hobbyking forum but it wont let me post anything so I figured I would try here. I am having a problem that is so weird I cant understand what is happening. I plug the battery into my newly built quad copter and nothing works except the pitch on the gimbal which works with aux2. The red light is lit on the receiver and like I said the pitch control works for the gimbal so I know my transmitter and receiver are binded and my wire orientation is correct.

Here is where it gets weird, I had the transmitter in ppm but I didnt set the quad up to use ppm so I changed it in the settings of the transmitter to use pcm and now the red light is off on the receiver and nothing works. So I thought thats weird let me put it back into ppm but that did nothing, the red light was still off. I then shut everything off and turned it back on with no light even though it was still in ppm so I switched it into pcm and the red led came on but still nothing works.

I am totally stumped, I tryed a new receiver I know works and it did the same thing, I also tried turning it off in pcm then switching it to ppm and the red light popped on but no control. So it doesnt matter about the mode it is the act of switching it to a new one that gets the led on but no matter what I still dont have any control over anything on the quad not even the gimbal pitch.

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
Don't use pcm for anything. It's obsolete as far as the 9X is concerned and only applies to the old 72Mhz tx module which I am sure you are not using.

Only PWM will work properly with the 2.4Ghz RXs as far as I know.

The connection between the RX and the FC has to be PWM since the 9X RX can only output PWM signals and you need to set that up on your quad

jinxx426

how do I change it to pwm that isnt an option its only ppm or pcm in the settings. as you can see im new to this stuff.

jinxx426

for the most part it all works now except for some reason when I flip the switch to change the mode from gps to atti it moves the gimbal as well. I am assuming there is a way to set the channel that the gimbal control is on but I dont know how.

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
PPM is what the TX sends to the RX (sort of). It is a signal that is the combination of all the channels. PWM is the signal the RX sends to the servos. It is each channel split out to its own signal wire.

If the the "mode" switch is also moving the gimbal it probably means that you are using the same channel for the mode as for the gimbal. You need to map them to different channels. Channels 1,2,3 and 4 are used for flying. Channels 5,6,7 and 8 are auxiliary and can be used for other things. What to use for what depends how you can set up you transmitter.

On the 9x I think you have two pots which I guess you want to use to control the gimbal. You need to make sure these pots are controlling different channels - say CH7 and CH8 than the mode switch which maybe controls CH5. I don't have a 9x so I'm not sure what is possible with the stock firmware but I think it is flexible enough to do that.

You need to set your flight controller up so that it uses CH5 to switch modes and passes CH 8 and 9 out to the servo ports where you will connect you gimbal servos. Since you are using PWM you could control the gimbal servos directly from the RX CH8 and CH9 and not have them go through the flight controller. It depends if this is as stabilizing gimbal and does the stabilization, the flight controller or something in the gimbal. I'm not that familiar with the details of gimbal setups.

Last edited: