Turnigy 9x simulator problems

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
On clearview, in the settings>controller setup screen, to the right of the "Step 1:select your controller" drop down menu, there is a real time graph of the controller inputs. While watching this, move your sticks to determine what stick is controlling what axis. As you find each axis, go down and change each channel to the axis it's supposed to be on.

For example: if you move the throttle stick and get movement on Z axis, then under the "CV control functions, make sure the throttle drop menu has Z axis selected. Go through all the controls and make sure they are also moving in the correct direction. If not, check the reverse box in between the function graph and drop down menus.

This sounds confusing but it should be clear once you look at the controller setup screen... let me know if it isn't.

oldmancrash

Hello xuzme720, YUP played with that last night until I was seeing 3 of everything LOL I tried to do that and on the throttle for example when I move it 2 of the axis are moving at the same time. That is what I spent so long on trying to get figured out. Not to confusing until you move a stick and 2 of them move. I have a hockey game tonight but when I get home I will go into the setup and move each stick and write them down so maybe it will make sence to you folks. Again Thank you very much for all yoru time and energy!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
That sounds like something set up funky in PPjoy or whatever emulator you're using...Or check the filters...I know they have v-tail and delta in there. That would give you 2 channels moving simultaneously.

Last edited:

oldmancrash

ok so it seems that no matter what stick I move or how I move it x-Rotation and Z Axis are the only slides that move in the raw channel data window.

Throttle = X Rotation Reverse
Rudder = X Axis
Aileron = Y Axis Reverse
Elevator = Z Axis Reverse

Idle Up both set to Z Rotation
Throttle Hold both set to Y Rotation

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I was trying to get SPP to work with my JR and I get the audio working and can see the correct waveform in Winscope but I couldn't get Clearview to respond at all on any axis. I was using a stereo cable so I figured that might be the problem and gave up.

con244

OCM what plane model are you using? I've just read that you must use a 4 channel model only, so if you've got any more channels on your model there may be problems. Just choose a 4 channel template to use on the tx and then start setting up your sim. Maybe check that SmartPropoPlus setting of CCPM esky (6Ch) Type2 would have thought PPM is the right one to use especially if you have done the resistor mod. I just checked my installation and found that I am using PPJoy as well not just SPP (Duh!!!). Sometimes I find that just starting over again is a good way to sort out unsortable stuff. Here is a site that gives step by step instructions on setting up a tx with PPJOY, SPP and clearview. The tx is a Dx6 but that should not be a problem just set up a 4 channel model and make sure you are set to ppm.http://joeytroy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/DX6i-Configuration.pdf Hopefully this gets you going.
Con

Last edited:

oldmancrash

ok guys, here I think is my problem. I cant seem to get to PPjoy. I have searched and searched. But for some reason even signing up at joeytroy is says I dont have permissions. It says access denied.

Again THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all your help.

oldmancrash

ok something I just read also. I am suppose to use a mono cable and I am using a stereo cable. So off to the store I go. Took today off and am going to do my best to get this figured out. Thank you again for everyone's help!!!

oldmancrash

ok back from radio shack. I now have o mono cable and no difference. When in calibration mode when I move the left stick for throttle x-rotation moves and z-axis flutters and when moving the right stick nothing moves. Man I am sorry to be a pain. I am about to give up on this turnigy system.

oldmancrash

now when I start SmartPropoPlus I notice that when I connect the radio in the lower right corner by the clock it is saying vJoy: Virtual Joystick connected. Not sure if that has been coming up before or not. But now everytime I start SmartPropoPlus the notice comes up. Still not able to control the plane

con244

OK Here is the setup file for PPJOY for windoze 7.I haven't checked it for viruses so check before you install. There is full documentation in the setup. Just install taking the default settings to start with. If you have ppjoy already on our pc uninstall it first. May be wise to uninstall SmartPropoPlus as well and reinstall. Make sure your tx is plugged in and running before you start any of the programs.
Con

Attachments

• PPJoySetup.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 58

oldmancrash

Thank you con244 I followed the directions to a "T" uninstalled everything and started with PPJoy per joeytroy and I still dont have it LOL ok now I am starting to go nuts. I thought I had it this time. Still no control and the CV controller setup in the RAW channel data everything is still jumping around like crazy. Now even with nothing connected to my laptop and typing this message everything is still jumping. Could it be that I can not use a laptop? It is a HP Probook6550b with a intel core processor. I am really stummped. Thought I had it this time

con244

When I set up my first model on my 9x I had a lot of problems with control surfaces jumping around. I set up dual rates and expo and also limited the throws and it seemed to settle down. Maybe you could try this on your sim model?
Con

oldmancrash

Well Thank you everyone. But this has just turned into a cluster mess. I dont know what the heck I am doing and this fun has turned into a lot of frustration. So for the time being I am putting it down and am going to sit back and take a break. I really really do appreciate each and every post to help me out. You folks ahve gone above in the help department and I appreciate it.

Thank you

Crash

RoyBro

Mentor
I also have the 9x and bought http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=24348 . What do i need to do with it?

I think that cable is for this transmitter, not the 9x.

23165(1).jpg