Turnigy 9X with FrSky module

Johntra

Hey bicylemonkey have you flashed the firmware on your 9x yet? I am about to buy a used one off of RCGroups and it too was a mode1 and he converted it to a mode2 just wondering if there is gonna be any problems when flashing it. thanks

msev

Hi guys! Does anyone know and can explain to me what is the difference between this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...o_Pack_for_JR_w_Telemetry_Module_V8FR_RX.html

and

this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...2_4Ghz_Combo_Pack_for_JR_w_Module_RX_V2_.html

I plan to install it in my turnigy 9x (and I'll remove the stock module)...Does anyone know how is it with displaying rssi from both of these receivers to an osd..Is it possible (or only possible with one type of receiver and not with the other type)..

zann68

The FrSky module with the V8 RX is $38 from Hobby King

FrSky DJT 2.4Ghz Combo Pack for JR w/ Telemetry Module & V8FR RX

FrSKY 2.4GHz patch antenna for $15

and finally the 2.4GHz 1W amplifier for FrSky for $45.

I went this route because of cost since I'm just getting into FPV...10KM is farther than I'll be flying for a while...plus this setup will plug right into the Turnigy 9x.

View attachment 862

Ok I'm sold, been looking into this Turnigy 9x and the FrSky upgrades. This thread and the videos I keep coming across has closed the deal. Now I need to wait for HobbyKing to get more radios in.

earthsciteach

Best of luck, zann. If you get a notification from HK that they are in stock, jump on it immediately. These things are becoming REALLY hard to come by!

Nonamerc

Arman
I dont have any experience with the boosters from rangevideo but I heard some stories that they are really noiss, specially the cheap ones.

bmsweb

Site Moderator
I dont have any experience with the boosters from rangevideo but I heard some stories that they are really noiss, specially the cheap ones.

I've heard the same thing, I guess I'll know soon enough. Mind you I've heard the same thing about the NOVA OSD and I think its fantastic. Fingers crossed I'm right and I've purchased the most fantastic booster in the world lol

Nonamerc

Arman
Hahah yea maybe you can solve the problem by mounting a filter on your 2.4 GHz system (after your booster)

Some people will get problems because after your booster you will have no filter!

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Hahah yea maybe you can solve the problem by mounting a filter on your 2.4 GHz system (after your booster)

Some people will get problems because after your booster you will have no filter!

Well according the Ready Made RC they say it works fine with FrSky. Looking at what I've purchased it looks no different to what's available on ebay which are standard WiFi Boosters. If its the same then I've paid ReadymadeRC an extra $20 for nothing. I've touched basis with one of the guys on RCGroups and he said he's tried both the standard ebay one and the ReadymadeRC one, which he claims to be much better. Having said that, a lot of what he said didn't really make sense. I'll know if I can get past the 3klm mark at lower altitude I'm on a winner.

My NOVA OSD's RTH seems to work fine, so the only risk is to my pocket :)

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
A fresh batch of FrSky module combos came in today. I couldn't help but order one. I was going to get the DIY kit, as it's not that hard to rig up, but it was only about $5 more to get the combo and saves me some time.

For those wanting to knock a couple more $$ off their module, go to the listing of the 9x without module. The FrSky combos are in the combo deal list for a small discount. When you click on it, it's added to the cart at that price without having to buy the 'combo' item. Don't tell Anthony...

Looking forward to getting beeped at when I'm hitting the edge of range!!!