Turnigy 9X8C V2 Reveiver Interference from ESC

rsabear

Test the product for yourself, many people write such rubbish in reviews. The reviewer was most likely overloading the device by a mile. Ripple can only mean overloading or a faulty capacitor on the output of the device. If I read the reviews on the equipment I have, then I fly really junk. But hey! It looks great when I put my foamies in the air at the park and many people and children come and watch and talk to me while I fly.

rsabear

One flight problem free and then it manifests again! Lucky for me I had enough altitude to switch the TX off and back on again. My configuration on this flight. Bixler, 4 x HXT900, 45A Turnigy ESC (Brand New), TURNIGY 3A UBEC w/ Noise Reduction, D2826-6 2200kv, 7x4 APC Prop, Turnigy 9X 2.4GHz 8Ch Receiver (V2), Turnigy 2650mAh 3S 30C Lipo Pack. Please watch the video and see if you guys can help?

The next option is to try a spare Hobby King 2.4Ghz Receiver 6Ch V2 in place of the 9X 2.4GHz 8Ch Receiver (V2) receiver.

This was close...

Last edited:

rsabear

Where does one get a replacement 2.4GHz transmitter module for the Turnigy 9x? Maybe that is my problem?

HobbyKing does not seem to sell them.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I honestly think it's the receiver itself. Have you tried it with an unmodified, new rx? I've never, ever had a brownout, nor have I heard of anyone having brownouts with anything other than Spektrum gear or if they were running 7 or more servos. I'd only replace your module as a last resort, but you can pre(back)order one from Leader Hobby (http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001220452) though I don't know how often they get stock, or off ebay by searching 'flysky module'. It's cheaper to buy a new rx and you should test the tx with an unmodified rx first.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
They're all made by Flysky. The aerial receivers have long aerials... In order to pack them into a plane, the aerials often get bent about. The wire inside fatigues and breaks, and half the time you can't tell because the coating's intact. I've learnt to be more careful with my receivers and I've re-soldered all my broken ones without losing any range. The active part of the aerial is under the red heatshrink and the stuff in between the box and the heatshrink is just coax.

rsabear

i have been very careful with my receivers (the new ones I ordered), they are in 100% condition.

On the last flight I have tried a new Turnigy 8ch receiver. The problem is the same on two of the receivers, now I am thinking it could be the TX module. I have 2 x Turnigy 8ch receivers and 2 x Hobbyking 6 CH receivers - they can all bind to the 9x radio. I want to use a HobbyKing 6CH Radio and one of the 6CH receivers. Fly it to make sure it works. Then bind the 9x Radio to see what happens.
I will then know if it is RX or TX module related of sure.

It is so nice when things work, but when you have problems it feels like you can take gasoline and a match to it...

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Good idea. The only downside is the cost of the receivers compared to FlySky ones. But FrSky is arguably the most reliable out there and you have the option of telemetry too. If I didn't have over a dozen FlySky receivers I'd be switching myself...

rsabear

My luck, wind is but pumping outside. Bixler does not stand a chance, maybe another day. A Wing day shall it be then...

rsabear

Shervin on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:42 pm wrote on RC Model Reviews:
I have had some problems with my Turnigy Stock 9x v2 tx, I have had signal drop out in certain locations around my house and .5-1s delays from the throttle/aileron/elevator/rudder controls. I have been reading the reviews and so on... Everyone seems to be pushing for the DIY Kit from FrSky. Personally I don't want to solder on the Tx as I plane to buy a Jr Radio in the future once the Turnigy breaks (due to use/accident). So a module is more desired.
I'm looking at this module
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... X_V2_.html

Interesting....

rsabear

Somebody must have installed the FrSky DIY Module into the Turnigy 9x. How do you display the telemetary data coming back or is that not possible to do?

rsabear

I proved it! My Turnigy 9x transmitter module is faulty. First flew one battery on the HobbyKing 6CH, then switched to the 9x. What looked like extreme flying was me switching the 9x on and off to regain control of the plane again.

So next I will upgrade the 9x and order the FrSky V8HT 2.4Ghz DIY Module & FrSky FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen & FrSky D8R-II PLUS 2.4Ghz 8CH Receivers with Telemetery.