Turnigy 9xr loses bind when changing models

stevevm

I have a 9xr with the HK Orange module. Every time i change models (they all have their own rx), I have to rebind. Is this normal? I would have thought that the radio would remember the individual bindings. If not is there something I can do to fix it.

tramsgar

I have the same setup but not the same problem. It sounds familiar from one or the other HK product discussion page, tho. Without knowing much about how it actually works in the end, I guess the tx module doesn't really care what model is selected as it is one-way communication with the tx module's id embedded. Any bound rx just has to listen up when its master's id is heard. I guess the module gets some kind of "reset" to single-sidedly negotiate the channel scheme.

I hope someone with some actual insight follows up here! =)

Techno

Sunny Day Park Flyer
thanks for posting this, I'm looking at modules for the 9xr, now I know what not to get. any suggestions on a good module? I only have RTF systems that I have to keep switching from plane to plane. I'm new to the high-end transmitter concept

stevevm

I've finally sorted this out. The OrangeRX TX Module supports 4 different modes DSM2 1024/22ms, DSM2 2048/11ms, DSMX 22ms and DSMX 11ms.

When you bind the model it binds to the mode that is most appropriate for the RX and the module flashes 0 to 3 times depending on what mode you bound. In my case, I have two orange RX's and one binds at DSM2 22ms and the other binds at DSM2 11ms. When I switch between models, it turns out that you have to push the bind button on the back of the TX module three times quickly to switch the mode otherwise it will appear that you have lost binding.

I believe that you also have to set the 9xr to the correct saved model before you power on the RX.