Turnigy 9XR verification error when flashing EEPROM

eboskma

Hi,

I recently bought a Turnigy 9XR and immediately flashed it with OpenTX using a USBTinyISP and Companion9x. This all went very smoothly, but when I try to save a model configuration to the EEPROM of the radio, Companion9x/avrdude returns a verification error and the radio wants to format the EEPROM. When I inspect the EEPROM contents using avrdude in terminal mode (avrdude -t) and compare it to the file that has been written to the EEPROM (a raw binary file), the contents are completely different.

Let me say that I'm absolutely no stranger to AVR microcontrollers, I have two Arduino's which have never given me any issues and I've used AVRs in college too. I tried manually flashing the EEPROM using the avrdude executable directly, but that gives the same result.

I also tried configuring the model on the radio, reading the memory to Companion9x and write that file back to the transmitter unmodified. Still, the same result. Somehow the contents of the EEPROM is complete gibberish after flashing.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Because I am at a loss here.

eboskma

I suspect it's a bug in Companion9x. As an experiment, I flashed my radio with er9x using eePe and tried to write a configuration to the radio's EEPROM everything went fine. When I retried using Companion9x and OpenTX, it didn't work.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
That's odd. I thought they were basically the same interface...
I DL'ed Companion awhile back but haven't had the time to try it out yet, so maybe I will just stick to eePe and not try to fix what's not broken!
You listening Google+?!?!?

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Google is growing TOO LARGE and POWERFUL! Abuses will occur more and more frequently with no consequences for Google.

Soon Google and Microsoft will be indistinguishable between the two. (Think Pigs and Men in Animal Farm).

Thurmond

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Google is growing TOO LARGE and POWERFUL! Abuses will occur more and more frequently with no consequences for Google.

Soon Google and Microsoft will be indistinguishable between the two. (Think Pigs and Men in Animal Farm).

Thurmond

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.