Solved Turnigy D2836 1100KV for a FT Sportster

MarioGdV

Hi!

I'm building the FT Sportster, and I'm looking for a cheaper way to build it without the Power Pack C, basically because I live in Spain and the shipping is too expensive (and I can buy all the electronics with the batteries in other shops for the same price).
I decided to buy 4 HXT900 servos and a Turnigy D2836 1100KV motor.
The only problem is that I don't know which props should I buy for this motor if I want to use it on the Sportster.
Also, I'm going to pick this ESC (https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobby-king-30a-esc-3a-ubec.html),is it okay? I'm going to use 3S 2200mAh batteries.

Planiac01

The batteries are perfect and they will give you long flight times, I run 2200's with my power pack C all the time. As far as propellors go, I would recommend a 10x4.5 slowfly prop. Though that motor could possibly swing 11 inch, the 10 inch will be more than enough power to fly that thing. If you want it to be more of a docile flier, maybe knock it down to 9x4.5. A 30 amp esc will be plenty for that motor. Other that that, you should be set! ¡Bueno suerte con tu avion!

MarioGdV

Hey, sorry for writing again in this old thread. The props works fine, but now I want to fly a bit faster with a 4s battery. Does someone know which prop should I use? I've been searching it but I haven't found anything.