CustomRCMods

Elite member
Hey guys, so I was recently flying my FT baron and had a prop explosion. Thankfully nobody was hurt and no property was damaged, however, the explosion ripped my motor clean off the firewall and ripped out the wires internally. I have since replaced the motor, however I would like to see if I could get this one soldered back together and working again. I took the motor apart and would like some guidance on where to resolder the 3 wires to. any thoughts?
image.jpg
image.jpg

ScratchBuildMast

Elite member
Hey guys, so I was recently flying my FT baron and had a prop explosion. Thankfully nobody was hurt and no property was damaged, however, the explosion ripped my motor clean off the firewall and ripped out the wires internally. I have since replaced the motor, however I would like to see if I could get this one soldered back together and working again. I took the motor apart and would like some guidance on where to resolder the 3 wires to. any thoughts? View attachment 163898 View attachment 163899
Dude, that. Looks. Awesome. But I mean sorry ‘bout the motor

Bricks

Master member
A Google search of rewinding RC three phase motors should get you started, just for the tinkering factor but time wise cheaper to replace like you did. You can see in the pics that that motor is toast as you can see the windings are burnt must of shorted when the wire ripped out.

CustomRCMods

Elite member
A Google search of rewinding RC three phase motors should get you started, just for the tinkering factor but time wise cheaper to replace like you did. You can see in the pics that that motor is toast as you can see the windings are burnt must of shorted when the wire ripped out.
Thank you, and yes I agree, Its for tinkering, and the windings do look all burned up and in bad shape overall. We will see what hapens. Thanks!