Turnigy Graphene batteries from Hobby King

Swanno

I was looking around of Hobby King for a few new 2200 45-90 C 3S batteries for my quad as I only have two at the moment and they performed nicely. I came across Turnigy Graphene batteries 2200 mah. Has anyone had the chance to try some of these batteries out yet? Do you guys think they are worth it?

Turnigy Graphene 2200mAh 3S 65C LiPo Pack w/ XT60

Apparently they can also be charged off a standard Lipo charger. I Just wanted to ask you guys before I do anything.

Swanno

I will be posting a quick video later today but initial impressions are that they are quite a bit heavier than other 1300's, we will have to see about the performance.

They are normal Lipo batteries with some marketing swank stuck on top :)

Cool, thank you for replying, I will look out for your video, I'm interested to see how they perform. The only reasons I can see for getting these new batteries is the higher constant C rating and faster charge times with hopefully less sag during flight.

I currently use 2200 mah batteries for duration but if it adds more weight I might go down to a 1300 or midway around an 1800.

(Sorry for duplicating threads on the same product should have done some more searching before creating my own.)

Last edited:

nilsen

Cool, thank you for replying, I will look out for your video, I'm interested to see how they perform. The only reasons I can see for getting these new batteries is the higher constant C rating and faster charge times with hopefully less sag during flight.

I currently use 2200 mah batteries for duration but if it adds more weight I might go down to a 1300 or midway around an 1800.

(Sorry for duplicating threads on the same product should have done some more searching before creating my own.)

No worries about the thread duplication, it's all good. I added the video of the unboxing (cringe) to the other thread, I will fly them this weekend to see how they perform and will definitely get back to this forum.

Swanno

Thank you for the information. It is quite funny how they decided to ship the battery. It looks like the ones I was originally getting are better suited to my set up anyway which is using the power pack e from Flite Test. A constant 45 C with a burst to 90 C should be sufficient for me at this point. I'm interested in larger flight times since I'm still learning a bit. I will probably order one at a later date to try it out but I was trying to standardize my batteries so I had 2200 mah for planes and quads. I am still interested to see that test though so I will keep an eye on your thread.

I was checking out your other videos do you like your T8J? I bought one a few months ago exclusively because I didn't trust the Turnigy 9X after it dropped out 3 times while I was flying a mini causing me to crash.

Last edited:

Ter44

I would say that graphene batteries are very good. You can charge them very fast and they hold the capacity longer. Graphene is indeed amazing material. It is being used in enhancements of products in many different areas. For its perfect conductivity is it perfect choice for next gen batteries. These batteries arent on the full potential yet but still they are quite good.