Turnigy HD ActionCam

bgfireguy92

So I have the action cam and got the live out cable from HK but trying to figure out how to wire it in. I have immersionrc 600mw transmitter. I did order the 5 pin Molex today but I'd like to see if it's possible to due a temporary solution. If that's not possible do you mind taking some pics and explain how you wired the live out cable to your Molex w/bare wire?

And sorry I revived an old thread.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
No worry.

So from the Molex

You want video (yellow) and ground (black). Please confirm that before plugging them into your tx.

Then on the video/usb cable video (white) goes to the yellow and the video - (green) goes to the black.

I'll have to verify all of this but if you just outputting video from the camera is it simple.
When you add power when you need to do a few extra steps.

You then need to go into the camera menu and select video or tv out.

bgfireguy92

Well I am on the fence about powering it thru the platform. I.e. multirotor or plane (my bix3). I know the camera will last about 70min (based on research not first hand experience) and anytime you have less draw on the flight battery = more flight time so I don't know. And a setup video would be great sir.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
LOS flying why not but for long range I'm note sure.

I have a 2nd battery pack for the camera so I'd prefer to top it off and have been flying with dedicated fpv cameras mostly.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Wiring Info

Here we go.

From the FPV transmitter you are working with the ground (black) and the video (yellow)
If you opt to not power the camera from the transmitter you could even change the wire colours to green and white.

I tend to remove all unused wires.

IMG_3807.jpg

The video USB cable used the video + (white) and the video - (green)

IMG_3808.jpg

So for the video feed you want to connect the white and yellow wires.
IMG_3809.jpg

And for ground the black and green.

IMG_3810.jpg

Finally select TV out.

IMG_3811.jpg

Hope this helps.

Andre.

bgfireguy92

Sweet gettin my Molex connector 2nd day air so hopefully I'll get this done by Friday morning. We have some new wind mill turbines around my town and I want to fly around them fpv and record the flight. Sunny skies and 3mph wind forecasted. Should be awesome.

So thank you so much sir. Really appreciate it. I'll have to shake your hand when you come down in July.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Sweet gettin my Molex connector 2nd day air so hopefully I'll get this done by Friday morning. We have some new wind mill turbines around my town and I want to fly around them fpv and record the flight. Sunny skies and 3mph wind forecasted. Should be awesome.

So thank you so much sir. Really appreciate it. I'll have to shake your hand when you come down in July.

Glad to help.

I can't wait to see the footage.

I'll have to get my Bixler FPV ready soon.

;)

bgfireguy92

Went out and burned 8 batteries through the bix3 got some great footage. Will post later tonight hopefully. Another question for you. Did you notice that there is a bit of a lag on the video. My fatshark 600tvl camera has absolutely no lag but using the actioncam I can definitely tell a bit of lag. Did you notice that too and if you did, did you happen to solve it?

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
10848463_866359710075060_805042546_n.jpg

Oh yeah something to expect. I've only flown my GoPro 960 on my Tricopter and Versa Wing other wise I've always gone with a dedicated FPV camera.

Need to get my Bixler2 flying this weekend.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Glad to help... Fussing away with my EFX Racer right now....

Hmm might be a late Friday Update ;)