Turnigy I6 tx

Dazzy

Is the Turnigy TGY-i6 Mode 1 AFHDS Transmitter and 6CH Receiver from Hobbyking a good tx?

Want to use the TGY I6 for a J3 Cub build.

Ive ordered a Spektrum dx6e from flitetest.com and still waiting for delivery.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Is the Turnigy TGY-i6 Mode 1 AFHDS Transmitter and 6CH Receiver from Hobbyking a good tx?

Want to use the TGY I6 for a J3 Cub build.

Ive ordered a Spektrum dx6e from flitetest.com and still waiting for delivery.
I bought my first one about 3 years ago and I have never had an issue with mine. I have around 25 Rx's and 2 transmitters now and even taught others to fly using my buddy box cable. My Rx's are a mix of the park flier and the "B" rx's.

I have never had a lost bind or a fly away using the IA6 and my radio range when setup properly is on par with that of other radio systems and often others following my models run out of radio signal at the greater ranges.

The radio has been used on full house ships and with a variety of stabilisers and flight controllers without major issues.

So I like mine very much but then others may have different experiences or even a form of radio bigotry so you make your own choice. This is not a recommendation but rather a statement that I have never had any issue and have found that the IA6 performs admirably, (for me)!

Have fun!

PoorManRC

Master member
I bought my first one about 3 years ago and I have never had an issue with mine. I have around 25 Rx's and 2 transmitters now and even taught others to fly using my buddy box cable. My Rx's are a mix of the park flier and the "B" rx's.

I have never had a lost bind or a fly away using the IA6 and my radio range when setup properly is on par with that of other radio systems and often others following my models run out of radio signal at the greater ranges.

The radio has been used on full house ships and with a variety of stabilisers and flight controllers without major issues.

So I like mine very much but then others may have different experiences or even a form of radio bigotry so you make your own choice. This is not a recommendation but rather a statement that I have never had any issue and have found that the IA6 performs admirably, (for me)!

Have fun!
I know there's a lot of "sharing" technology in China....
I've been curious, is this the same Tx as the FlySky FS-i6??
If so, are the Rx's compatible with each other?

The Turnigy Rx is cheaper than the FlySky...
😉👌

Last edited:

Dazzy

I've been curious, is this the same Tx as the FlySky FT-i6??

😉👌

Ive seen posts that state that this tx is the same as FlySky I6

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
I've been curious, is this the same Tx as the FlySky FT-i6??

😉👌
yes they are the same and so is the Eachine FS-i6
they are great entry level Transmitters if you only need 6 channels this has more range than does more expensive radios
for best range use the Flysky FS-IA6 2A

there maybe other receivers with good that are compatible but this has been found to be the best to my knowledge you can fly farther than you can see your plane
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flysky-FS-...112349?hash=item46b0c0701d:g:-EEAAOSwEeFVUcZw

this radio can be hacked to work with the frsky R9M long range module,
go to youtube and search the Flysky FS-IA6 radio for mods.....there is an antenna mod that also increase the range and you can expect 1 mile easy with the above receiver and antenna mod

I have a tarannis QX7 but most of my models are on this cheapo FS-IA6 transmitter............... my 2 cents

Last edited:

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
The Turnigy and FLySky radios, (iA6) are the exact same excepting for the firmware but then there are a number of different firmware versions available including a 10 Channel firmware upgrade.

The iA6 is available for almost anyone with enough money to badge engineer!

Have fun!

PoorManRC

Master member
Gentlemen, thank you so much!! This is but one of MANY reasons why I love this Forum. No Lie - it's the only one that I'm on with any frequency.
This and a RC Ground Forum are the last two remaining, that I visit at all!! 😉

I had a feeling that they were cross compatible. I'm glad you verified it.
It will likely stay a 6 Channel... Futzing with Firmware and reprogramming devices, is WAY above my Pay Grade!!

My Ground Radio is the venerable FlySky GT3B.... That's been hacked since Day Two. 😲😎
I'm still on 3 channels. Same reason.

If I was EVER near ANYONE else in the Hobby, I'd gladly let them reprogram both. I'm a Loner - NOT by choice. My 3 Channel Ground TX, now has Firmware to give it up to TWELVE Channels!!! That's extraordinary for a RC Truck. But I no longer have the dexterity to operate 12 - especially since the upper Channels operate by manipulating Trim Knobs and Parameter Sliders.
I'd be SO lost!!!
And would never make use of all of it! MAYBE 6 or 7....