• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Turnigy Lipo Pack

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

This week Josh and Josh review Hobby King's Turnigy 1300mAh 11.1V 3S 25C Lipo Battery Pack. Hobby King has been taking some flak for their batteries. Some claim they are overrated and don't live up to the advertised specs. We chose a popular size with a mid-range rating and put it to the test.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Two questions:

1) How do you like them compared to the Zippy Flightmax batteries?

2) I read that the XT-60 connectors were only rated up to 60a but the Deans are OK even up to 100a-120a...is this true? I have a couple large models that will be using 80a or larger ESC and want to make sure I won't have any problems.

Airwolf

I hate T-Deans connectors so much... I replaced all of them with XT60s and never looked back as I fly smaller models.

As far as I know original Dean's connectors are rated up to 100 A BUT I don't think it's continuous current! Also - there are many cheapo knock-off "Dean" connectors on the market and I've seen them melted by lower currents!

For such high current applications I wouldn't use Dean connectors anyways.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I hate T-Deans connectors so much... I replaced all of them with XT60s and never looked back as I fly smaller models.

As far as I know original Dean's connectors are rated up to 100 A BUT I don't think it's continuous current! Also - there are many cheapo knock-off "Dean" connectors on the market and I've seen them melted by lower currents!

For such high current applications I wouldn't use Dean connectors anyways.
Me neither!
In my eyes there is no way that those Deans can get up to 100A. I have read about people hitting over 100A and Deans simply melting away!

I would go for 6mm gold connectors in those high amps!