Turnigy Lipo Pack

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Two questions:

1) How do you like them compared to the Zippy Flightmax batteries?

2) I read that the XT-60 connectors were only rated up to 60a but the Deans are OK even up to 100a-120a...is this true? I have a couple large models that will be using 80a or larger ESC and want to make sure I won't have any problems.

Airwolf

I hate T-Deans connectors so much... I replaced all of them with XT60s and never looked back as I fly smaller models.

As far as I know original Dean's connectors are rated up to 100 A BUT I don't think it's continuous current! Also - there are many cheapo knock-off "Dean" connectors on the market and I've seen them melted by lower currents!

For such high current applications I wouldn't use Dean connectors anyways.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I hate T-Deans connectors so much... I replaced all of them with XT60s and never looked back as I fly smaller models.

As far as I know original Dean's connectors are rated up to 100 A BUT I don't think it's continuous current! Also - there are many cheapo knock-off "Dean" connectors on the market and I've seen them melted by lower currents!

For such high current applications I wouldn't use Dean connectors anyways.

Me neither!
In my eyes there is no way that those Deans can get up to 100A. I have read about people hitting over 100A and Deans simply melting away!

I would go for 6mm gold connectors in those high amps!