Turnigy TGY i10

meatay

I haven't been able to find much information on this tx, but I am relatively new to RC flight so I'm taking a chance on it. I currently have an RTF Apprentice (Spektrum) and 2 home built planes (cheap hobbyking tx/rx's) so I thought I would venture into this :) . Reviews on the related FlySky i10 seemed positive, so I took a chance.

I've ordered it so if anyone has any questions or anything you would like me to look into let me know. I can provide details and will be happy to but I don't plan to take it apart unless I have to anytime soon.

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__58455__Turnigy_TGY_i10_10ch_2_4GHz_Digital_Proportional_RC_System_with_Telemetry_Mode_2_.html

Poppy Ann

FySky i 10

I have had one of the i 10 systems and up to now i am still quite impressed with it, having the picture of the plane on the screen to decide which channel to connect to which control surface makes it easy to set up a new model plus with it coming complete with a set of telemetry sensors makes it great value for money as yet i have only used it on a couple of models so i only have little use to give comment on but i think it was worth buying.

regards Poppy Ann.

meatay

Well, the delivery took forever but it turns out this thing was pretty popular. After unboxing I'm very impressed and I love the slim form factor!

I have been able to do a lot of fun things with it already, including dialing in flap delays and corrections from the elevator. The touch screen makes all that so much easier. I had read that one of the 3-pos switches was an issue but they must have fixed that as "SWA" works fine for me. There is a lack of a community out there right now but for the most part advice for the flysky unit seems to carry over 1 to 1.

I did have one issue in the few days I've had it: I randomly lost connection to the the RX (on the ground during a test). I don't know if this is an issue or something explainable but the good news is this unit makes fail-safe setting really easy and I was able to see that in action on the ground. (flaps deployed, engine cut, 5% down elevator all worked). It's only happened once, so I'm chalking it up to chance for now.

For me, 5 out of 5 so far. The worst thing I can see is that the touch screen drains battery but it lasts for far more than a day at the field and I would eagerly trade a little battery for the user friendly approach.

Sorry, no pictures, I just got back from vacation but I will try to upload some soon.

Last edited:

PepperPod

Just received mine as well. Very impressed by initial hands on. Great new thin form factor that I have never felt in a transmitter. Feels very modern. The gimbals are smooth and solid. The case is solid yet light. I will follow along with this thread and input when I have had a chance to get more use.

Zoff888

Is the antenna removable? In order to attach a high gain or amplifier? Have you done any range checks or firmware upgrades?

Thanks.

quadsview

So I received my TGY i-10 a few days ago as my 1st (real) transmitter. I am just wondering how all the telemetry moduals connect to the receiver.

Ps. I am very much of a noob

actex007

Hey all. I'm glad the fail safe works great like you said. I have a big 450mm quad and I want to get into the 250mm racing. CPPM is much appreciated in such a form factor. Does the TGY-i10 output CPPM? Also, for the telemetry, to what must you connect the voltage sensor to get the LiPo voltage of the aircraft?

SnowRocker88

Amateur pilot and builder
Does the TGY-i10 output CPPM?

The transmitter has nothing to do with CPPM. As far as the receiver goes, it doesn't appear to be advertised as CPPM but I may be wrong. Here's the receiver sold on HK's website. LINK

If you're not dead-set on having telemetry you should be able to bind it to a receiver that outputs in CPPM tho.

Also, for the telemetry, to what must you connect the voltage sensor to get the LiPo voltage of the aircraft?

That requires an add-on module shown here. It appears it only shows total voltage, not cell voltage.

Last edited:

actex007

I really like mine, but man I can't compare it to anything but a $30 hobby king radio so of course I like it.

What's the touch screen like? Is it a capacitive screen like an iPhone or is it an old passive digitizer screen that is soft and works better with the stylus?

Quadpilot74

Drivers

Anyone know where I can find the drivers for this radio?
I've plugged it into my PC waited for it to say it would install drivers but nothing??
The Turnigy website doesn't even list it as a product.

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
Hey all. I'm glad the fail safe works great like you said. I have a big 450mm quad and I want to get into the 250mm racing. CPPM is much appreciated in such a form factor. Does the TGY-i10 output CPPM? Also, for the telemetry, to what must you connect the voltage sensor to get the LiPo voltage of the aircraft?

This RX, iA6B, supports PPM. I think you also have to configure the channel on you radio to get it to work. On the FlySky i6 TX, a firmware updated add the PPM setting so you may need to do the same for the i10.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...ver_6CH_2_4G_AFHDS_2A_Telemetry_Receiver.html

http://www.banggood.com/Flysky-2_4G-6CH-FS-iA6B-Receiver-PPM-Output-With-iBus-Port-p-978603.html

btw. the Turnigy i10 TX is essentially the same as the FlySky i10 TX and is in the same family as the new FlySky i6 TX. They all use AFHDS and AFHDS_2A and the receivers should work interchangeably.

I don't have one so I can't confirm that but I was looking into getting an i6 as a backup radio since the telemetry support is interesting.

Last edited:

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
Can someone tell me how to set up telemetry. I am totally lost.

I don't know for sure since I don't have on but from what I can gather from looking at the i6, if you have the old set of sensors that come with the TGY i10 you plug them into the ibus hub and plug that into the RX. Then you must set the model radio protocol to use AFHDS 2. There maybe some options to pick what telemetry you want displayed.

If you use AFHDS you won't get telemetry because it is one way. You can use that with older non telemetry Flysky receivers with that setting I think

MW4DREAM

hay all i hope you all are doing well.. im getting this TX next month and i cant wait.....
so i have been looking on the web and i did find this really set of you tube vids
hes not from the US i think, but if you look at all of his vids you will get a lot of GREAT info
on the Turnigy i10 and what come with it, also help's shows how to fix the mini USB as well as
the doing the buddy box set up, flight sim set up, and the Telemetry and how to plug all that in..
i just wish i could under stand him, you will see.. he also dose a side by side test with the FlySky FS-i10 Transmitte
And rang test on the ground with the Turnigy i10...
heres that vid not to bad i think:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt8u3cn87sw

heres all the other he has and by fare hes the best i have foud on the net right now, even see in side the rig, man i do love
the internet, LOL hope it helps it did me .....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5xoqdh-K_U&index=3&list=PLT44miPCqvTzd1hGq1BJEEFDyzUj_IvO-

Last edited:

Paul-H

The voltage telemetry module is included in the box and its connected to the telemetry port on the receiver and the two outer pins on the batteries balance lead, it appears automatically on the transmitters screen. Additional modules are just daisy chained of the output port on each module.

MW4DREAM

Turnigy i10 TX its on the way i cant wiat.....
now i just need to get a filight pack or 2 then i can get in to the air again
thanks so much flite test for helping me fall back in to the hobby. i think my 1st plane will be a flying wing.

will have go to the vid again and see on servos and bat motor esc FPV here i come lol

Last edited:

RGX

hello everyone,
I am new here.....but stumbled across this thread on the Turnigy i10.....thought I would chime in a little.....
and toss out some of those Answers some might have?
well to start, if this is your First radio, it will have ALLOT for your first one...for sure get Familiar with it...and if for some reason it did not have a Manual? check out Hobbyking.com on the "International Warehouse" part and it will have the Manual you can download....
also there are some updates, but for some they may not be needed, only if you have a Specific update you might need?
say, for "Quadcopters" it now has an Update you can get will be the "FreeRider" update, and will load a "Multi-Copter" Icon when using the "Multi-Copters" say if you have a Model set as one the Icon will show...
as well, you wont need a separate charger, as you can charge from the USB(Included!) just go to the Menu in the radio and set for it...
sounds complicated? but its real easy, the screen is more such as a Android or the other one?(iPhone...LOL) I hate not having my "Music" as "MY MUSIC" pain in the .......well back to the radio...!!!...LOL
set up is real straight forward, if this is first one, if not then many of Applications will be Familiar !!
when starting ,90% is not really needed? until you get into Mixing different things to do different things on Various Aircrafts...and even then its pretty Intuitive......and easy to check out....
uploading and downloading.....with the "Included" USB....when loading up a "Update"...(If Needed-usually wont?) since has "ALLOT" it can already do...but, you still can load different things, and Modify....as well it works with "FreeRider-Simulator" only about $4.99?
so, go to Hobbyking.com....(International Site- scroll down where they have there "Files Tabs") click and save update you would like.
save to Computer where you can "FIND IT"....then Hook up Radio, will show as a "Drive" on the Computer, let Computer "Find it" and load its drivers, the usual for a new driver etc. etc.
open up "File" you downloaded from Hobbyking.....the radio will recognize it, Load it....all done....it is easier than most.....
I fly allot of different Aircraft, and now the Quadcopters, so, of the Model Memories(20, and can hold as many as your SD Card can hold)
the "Icon for a Multi-Copter shows"....kinda Nice !!
the "Feel" is allot lighter than most !! and easy to get used to.....having both Taranis X9D radios, and Turnigy 9X and "Pro" there all pretty "Comfortable" so getting used to it are pretty Similar to that "Comfortable FEEL" ....so if you had a 9X type, this is easy to get used to QUICK!!...but it is ALLOT THINNER !!!
Gimbals, ARE Bearing Supported !! and is on Par with a $900.00 overpriced radio system !!
now, receivers! I am sure most are Curious? well, as I said have a BUNCH of different aircraft! and some "Inexpensive" parkflyers and other types, so I had a bunch of the Hobbyking HK-TR6A V2 type Receivers, so many might buy those? there only about 8.00 and simple..
"No Telemetry" but they will bind and work with radio, just change its "Protocol" in the menu...and Bind.....
AND!!! it will work with FrSky Receivers, again set the Protocol's from Menu, and bind your all set.....
and then can use All Various Telemitry Receivers, as well as it's "Stock Receiver" already Supports this...and adding sensor Modules "Included" with the radio can also send various Telemitry and can be "Daisy Chained" (linked together) giving it more Options to make it seem like it has more Channels than it has, but can ADD more sensors OR Servos, with the Bus-Adaptor most "Hardcore" flyers will know how to use these, but for ones starting out! there there when and if that need Arises......
Range!,
now with the HK receivers....well? you get what can be expected...even with radio was only able to get about 800 yards...
or for those in the meter thing??? about 804m
in a higher interference area, I got about 600 yards, still a "Pretty Big Area"
with stock Receiver(and a little big for a 250mm Quad) but fine for a 450mm, I got a range of about a mile and 3/4 with no boosters....
so still with interference I got about a Mile easy...or about 1,600+Meters...etc.
and "Average" was about a Half mile radius more than I was ever able to see !!...with FPV Gear, no problem....LOL
the Turnigy iA6 Super Tiny! works on almost anything have one "Inside my Neon-250 Quad" and iA6B-V2 work(the V2 has Telemetry)
and about $10.00 and $12.00 respectively ......so easy on the Budget....
and if already have a few of those FlySky (Not FrSky-but some can work) but if already have a few of the FlySky Receivers TB6A type
same as the HK TR6A-V2 then they can work....
pretty much most with a AFHDS Transmitting Protocol will work and then there are a few places to upload and download stuff to
Change Transmitting Protocol's for Some receivers, such as the FrSky Receivers...and easy to do...