Tutor Build Plans for FTCA Aircrew Only!!!!!!

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
But that is the cool thing about this. It is something 13 year olds can afford and something 60 year olds can afford. I have an absurd stockpile of electronics. I wouldn't expect someone who had to save up for 6 months to have just enough money to buy a power pack and flysky radio to go buy a SBK which costs more than their rx/tx combo did. (Actually when I put this in context, I should probably upgrade my radio). There is more than one way to skin a cat.
Wow, you just described my situation perfectly.

Droneflyer200

If I remember correctly it took 3 weeks or so to get my certificate and plans I would be patient they have allot of irons in the fire just a check on YouTube will bear that out.

SSgt Duramax

Wow, you just described my situation perfectly.

Yeah, there is no shame in that. When I first started flying I had aquired some hobbyzone foam high wing 3 CH trainer when I was 16 that multiple family members had to go together on to buy me for my birthday (I think it was $100 at the time). It had a brushed motor and NICD batteries. It lasted quite a while. I kind of wish I hadn't trashed the airframe, I would just stick some modern electronics in it.

Then my next planes were SPADs, which were kind of like flite test before flite test. They were made from coroplast (election sign material). I had a JR 72mhx radio I saved up for in college, and I also had a .28 or something like that raggedy used glow motor I bought off ebay. The planes were typically held together by stove bolts and super glue.

All that to say I have done it both ways, and both have their merit and are fun. There is some fun to be had scrounging for "just the right part" in a scrap bin or hardware store too. There is no one way that is better than the other.

Draftman1

Yeah, there is no shame in that. When I first started flying I had aquired some hobbyzone foam high wing 3 CH trainer when I was 16 that multiple family members had to go together on to buy me for my birthday (I think it was $100 at the time). It had a brushed motor and NICD batteries. It lasted quite a while. I kind of wish I hadn't trashed the airframe, I would just stick some modern electronics in it.

Then my next planes were SPADs, which were kind of like flite test before flite test. They were made from coroplast (election sign material). I had a JR 72mhx radio I saved up for in college, and I also had a .28 or something like that raggedy used glow motor I bought off ebay. The planes were typically held together by stove bolts and super glue.

All that to say I have done it both ways, and both have their merit and are fun. There is some fun to be had scrounging for "just the right part" in a scrap bin or hardware store too. There is no one way that is better than the other.

I was also a big spad guy. I built soo many of them.

FTCA Director

Lee Kachner
Admin
I joined the FTCA Aircrew Annual Membership ($ 24.0 USD / year) I do not hide that I did it mainly for the plans and also to support this splendid association, the problem is that I have not received the plans prior to my membership, how can I solve the problem?
You will not be able to receive the prior months perks, much like subscribing to Sports Illustrated and expecting last year’s swimsuit issue. We are working on the proper remedy to this obstacle. Thank you for your support!

SSgt Duramax

You will not be able to receive the prior months perks, much like subscribing to Sports Illustrated and expecting last year’s swimsuit issue. We are working on the proper remedy to this obstacle. Thank you for your support!

But you can buy them on ebay....

https://www.ebay.com/p/15039713899

wil-hughes-troll-face.jpg

WillL84

$12 for plans vs $40 for the speed build kit....

Seems worth it for the extra $28 to not have to print templates, tape them then cut everything out. Then again it's another $20 for the turbo wing so there's that.

I am confused with the aircrew membership. What plans are available for aircrew membership besides the 6 planes that are available for spectator membership for 12$ or so.