Twin 70mm EDF Creation

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
It was a cold day in February, I heated up the glue gun and started cutting foam board.
Did I mention I only do boxy builds 😝

The result is an interesting plane that works.
60" wing span, 45" fuse, x3 servos, x2 70mm 4S 6blade edf and so on.

Think WWII Bomber with jet engines strapped to it.

IMG_8590.JPG IMG_8592.JPG IMG_8593.JPG IMG_8595.JPG IMG_8596.JPG IMG_8597.JPG IMG_8599.JPG IMG_8600.JPG IMG_8601.JPG IMG_8603.JPG IMG_8604.JPG IMG_8605.JPG IMG_8606.JPG IMG_8607.JPG IMG_8608.JPG IMG_8609.JPG IMG_8610.JPG IMG_8618.JPG IMG_8619.JPG IMG_8628.JPG IMG_8631.JPG

L Edge

Master member
Nice!!!!!!

You should try releasing a shuttle or balsa plane using a second person or by adding weight to the nose and wing so it will spiral down.

The Fopster

Master member
I was worried that wasn’t quite mad enough, and then I noticed the floats/skis. Sure enough, exactly the right kind of bonkers. Love it!

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I was worried that wasn’t quite mad enough, and then I noticed the floats/skis. Sure enough, exactly the right kind of bonkers. Love it!
Yep yep sucked in a little bit of snow today :) but the floats do help the whole setup and can be transferred between planes.

One flew over

Cool plane and I like the set up. Can you tell me how you built the nacelles and how you attached to the wing. Is there wood in the attaching piece from nacelle to the wing? wood supports in the wing? Thanks much

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Cool plane and I like the set up. Can you tell me how you built the nacelles and how you attached to the wing. Is there wood in the attaching piece from nacelle to the wing? wood supports in the wing? Thanks much
Yes there are pieces of wood (paint stir sticks) screws and a lot of glue.

That is the file I used to print the housings.

One flew over

Yes there are pieces of wood (paint stir sticks) screws and a lot of glue.

That is the file I used to print the housings.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Thanks for your reply. I don't have a 3D printer but now get the idea...thanks so much
Very easy to box an edf. I've done that before. In someways it makes it a lot nicer and tighter to the wing.

Attachments

• IMG_3059 (1).JPG
    IMG_3059 (1).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0