Twin 70mm F14 Build

Splinter189

Master member
Amazing! How do you design the parts to curve and meet up so perfectly?
I cant say there is one way in particular I do it. Lots and lots of making, remaking and remaking again till I get shape and fit just right. I draw stuff up as best I can in illustrator and once cut, i test fit and then go back and modify drawings as needed.

L Edge

Master member
Kudos!!!
Well done for design for the swinging of the wing. Like your threaded rod for adjustment.
Is the bearing area in line with the CG area of the wing?
Did you lubricate the bearing area. I used power graphite to reduce the friction.

When you flip the switch for movement of the wings either rear or forward, make sure you UNLOAD the wing so it reduces the stresses on the servo.(do you have metal gears?). I tend to put the plane into an upward arc and as I reach the apogee and on the way down, it will unload a lot of the G forces. Ask me how I know?

Now I would like to add a point to show you how to improve the W0W factor 10 fold.
How about the throttle controlling the movement of the wing?
Set up 2 flight modes:
1) The first leaves the wing out at all times no matter where the throttle is, for takeoffs, landing and flying around.
2)The second mode is set up so as you advance the throttle up to half, the servo remains stationary. Then the servo starts to move backwards and at full throttle, the wing is all the way back. This is done by a graph in the transmitter. For those who don't have fancy radios, any radio that allow heli mode(has collective) and has 2 mixes, can do it. I used a DX7 and then done much easier with a DX9.
This really impressed the members of the flight club.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I love how the tail washes out and slides in hard turnsand banking just like the real ones.

You knocked this one clean outta the park on all accounts.

My all time favorite still after 32 years since I saw and touched the real ones. Brings back a lotta memories of good days and long nights.

Splinter189

Master member
I did a full redesigns little over a months ago. Here are some shots and a vid.

Final pricing on an FT kit would be in the $129+/- range due to carbon fiber, wood and small parts needed for assembly.
DSC_4692-01.jpeg
DSC_3816-01.jpeg
DSC_4527-01.jpeg
20190510_165931-01.jpeg
20190503_155619-01.jpeg
DSC_3921-01 (2).jpeg
DSC_3403-01 (1).jpeg
20190502_163722-01.jpeg